Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Hillbilly Hog BBQ Throwdown - Cleveland, GA (in need of teams!)

J&B'sBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
This is a great event on the field in front of the Cabbage Patch hospital. We've cooked this event every year since we've started cooking BBQ, and I can say with assurance that the organizer is a class act! We love Heather!!! (she organizes the Cornelia event as well)

With that being said, she's currently a few teams short of the 25 mark for it to be a Jack qualifier. The BBQ field has been a tad flooded in GA this year (a handful of new or expanded events this year and last), so I feel it has impacted some budgets when it comes to this event.

If you have some free time at the end of this month, we'd love to have you come up to the N. GA mountains for some beautiful fall weather!!!

Obviously, we're cooking...I know there is a team list on the website, but I like to hear from everyone here, so...whose going?!

Cleveland, GA
October 23 - 24, 2015
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

KCBS Reps: DOUG REID, SUSAN REID
Contest Number: 5499
Prize Money: $8,850
Contact Information:
Heather Sinyard
Phone: 706-809-0139
heather@hillbillyhogbbq.com

JUDGES CONTACT: Rachel Harper
bbq@whitefoxrun.com

Hey Beth, Angela and I will be there to help the REPs with whatever they need.
Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

C'mon everyone, this is a GREAT contest!!!

Last contest of the year? There's still over a month to go after the comp! :-D.

A month?!!? My calendar shows 6 weeks from Cleveland till Calhoun! :becky:

We'll be there (sometime before midnight on Friday).

We will actually be able to get there early on Friday which is a total change from the normal!!! :laugh: We have professional development at school that day, so we get out at noon!!! Woo Hoo!!

Wishing I was going to be there, but we are out of town :sad:

I've barely cooked over the past two months, and am itching for a competition!

I won't be there, but QSB will be staying at my cabin just east of town and trying for another baby doll. Go get 'em Scott!

Sign up for Winder the following weekend - they're looking for teams as well. :thumb:

I'm thinking about Winder myself.

Spoke with Stan Rogers the organizer yesterday, and he said he had some teams signed up but not enough to be a qualifier yet. I suggested that he put a team list up on his website, and he said he would get that done straight away.

We've been adding teams to the Facebook page every day this week as well. I realize it doesn't get as far as their website but it's a way to generage interest. It would be greatly appreciated if you cook it.

The Cleveland pro team roster is now up to 23 teams, with Atlanta BBQ Club's yet to be posted. One more to go (for one of the other teams' GC) to be a qualifier! :mrgreen:

Sauced! BBQ will sign up on Thursday of next week as is his custom. That's 25.

He is already on the list, but (unless I can't count) it appears we've hit the 25 mark!!!

Woo hoo!!!

PRO TEAMS COMPETING IN 2015:

Atlanta BBQ Club (Woodstock, GA)
Atlanta BBQ Store (Gainesville, GA)
Bald Hawg BBQ (Simpsonville, SC)
Cabin Creek BBQ Co. (Nicholson, GA)
Crimson Q (Cleveland, GA)
Georgia Mountain BBQ (Mt Airy, GA) - VENDING
Groovy Que (Conyers, GA)
Heavenly Hawgs-GA (Perry, GA)
Heidi's Blazing Butts (Cleveland, GA)
Hickory Prime BBQ (Dahlonega, GA)- VENDING