THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you, very informative! Where could I find how to interchange TenderQuick with pink salt?
Ed

Tender Quick is available almost everywhere, but to convert to Cure #1, scratch the Tender Quick from the recipe and use standard weight calculations for Cure #1, salt, and sugar.

I wrote the tutorial for the beginner who is trying to make jerky for the first time and may not want to invest in scale just yet.

I do a traditional marinade mainly comprised of soy sauce and Worcestershire, brown sugar, honey, whatever else. I usually run my pellet tube in my camp chef and I have 4 jerky racks I lay them on (great for sausage too).

I have a dehydrator, but I found that I didn't really need it and my jerky turned out the way we like it off the smoker. I can find the recipe if interested, but it's nothing special.

Back