Help the Mason City, Iowa BBQ Contest

Leatherheadiowa

Full Fledged Farker
This morning I read a note from Ruth Miller that the, Up in Smoke BBQ Contest in Mason City, Iowa may be on the brink of extinction.
Due to an inquiry from Kyle Easley and a couple members of the Mason City Parks and Rec board the park which is subject to the smoke free air act that prohibits tobacco smoke in the park, Mr. Easley has made a motion to not allow for the use of smokers that produce fine particulate in the air.
This is what Ruth told me today,"BJ- This was actually the result of a cigarette smoking ban they want in the park that got out of hand.Now they want a report on charcoal pollution so if you know where to get one - that's positive - it would be most helpful. Thanks.\"
I am asking that all BBQ Brethren contact Mr. Easley and let him know how absurd his notions are. This is the same community that welcomed 20,000 bike riders and all their trash and destruction into the same park. This is also the same town that allows stock car racing without catalytic convertors. This is also a community that opens their arms to BBQ lovers from across the country!
Ruth believes the board will pass this action soon if people don't act fast! Let's band together and make sure Mr. Easley knows we are serious about our BBQ!
Kyle Easley, Secretary -
Phone: 641-430-2033 Email: kj_easley@yahoo.com

Back