THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

this is my mod to the firegrate in my Old Country Smokehouse but being square and the folded lip on the sides - it doesn't warp

CZAoYrol.jpg

Wonder if I use 3/4 angle on the ends if I could get it to square up again. Then cut the center out of each row of slots and put expanded in. There is a thread on the other forum that has the same exact warping I do. It's not really excessive per se I suppose but it's like "warping" a rectangle shaped tupperware lid by twisting opposite corner. What about something like this? I think those dimensions may actually fit in there semi decently.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/..._clickid=912f2817-d0a4-47f7-bcfd-cc8caccc02b4

Not much price difference between 3/4 and 1 1/2 in angle. I may grab some 1 1/2 in and see if I can use that to square the stock back up and cut it out the center then.

edit: think two runs of flat stock 2*3/16 would be enough to brace the center area of the plate for the expanded if It does square up or should I go for angle? Would like to keep the underside clear for ash removal during cooking if possible just in case.

Last edited:
Back