THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brewercm

A big hello from here in San Antonio TX. I came across this site by accident yesterday and had been looking around and looks like a good bunch of folks. I love BBQing and have for years. I retired from the Air Force five years ago but still working for them as a contractor now.

I'm now on my third and forth smoker as I've burned through two so far. Nice little pits but just not very thick materials. Now using a New Braunfels smoker with side fire box, and a Char-Griller Duo Gas and Charcoal Grill with fire box (nice but smoker a little too small at times). Don't care cooking with gas but my wife will use if from time to time. I think I really want to get a really good pit that is built on a trailer for ease of transport when we go to the river etc.

After looking through some of the posts I noticed that some people didn't grow up around BBQ. Being from Texas originally I found that hard to comprehend but glad they have seen the light.:-D

Thanks,
Yea, my wife thinks I'm crazy for getting up at 3am to start the pit up, but somehow keeps finding a way to volunteer my services of cooking.:roll:

I enjoy it though, and my only problem is by the time all the food is done and ready to eat I'm already full. Not quite sure how that works out.

Thanks for the welcomes. Looks like there's quite a few of us Texans on this board from my lurking around.
Zilla, I work just down the road from you at RAFB.

1FUNVET, been to your town on several occasions. Just love putting my money into your economy there.

Welcome to the forum.
Also like to add my thanks for your service!

Welcome aboard brewercm, and i'd also like to thank you for your service to our country.

This is a good place to stop by where you're up late at night firing up the smoker.

Thanks for the welcomes. Looks like there's quite a few of us Texans on this board from my lurking around.
Zilla, I work just down the road from you at RAFB.

1FUNVET, been to your town on several occasions. Just love putting my money into your economy there.

We should get a burger at Chesters one afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back