Hello All!

Pog Mo Thoin

Name or Nickame
Pog
Greetings everyone, my name is Martin but I go by Pog Mo Thoin (pronounced Pog Mo Hone). Here is who I am or who I think I am...

Retired police officer (30 years), father was a cop. Don't judge, I had no choice.

Grew up in the San Diego area. Father taught me to smoke fish in our Big Chief in the 70's. We were salt water people so mainly bass, tuna, etc.

Moved from the San Diego area to N. Nevada (Lake Tahoe area) in 1993. Started getting meat happy in the mid-90's and the addiction took off. Its funny, I started brewing beer around the same time period. A head doctor will have to figure out if one addiction led to the other. I no longer brew beer but sure do drink a bunch of it. I still do smoke. Here goes with that:

1. Started with Big Chief. Not sure what happened to it. Used the crap out of it.
2. Next was a Great Outdoor Smokey Mountain (GOSM) gasser. Wore it out and it ended up recycled.
3. Oklahoma Joe seriously modified. Donated to a gentlemen who wanted to learn to smoke.
4. Green Mountain Grill pellet smoker. Used a bunch. Ended up donating to a needy family who still use it today. Yea!
5. Large BGE. Still in the stable. I tend to use it mainly for grilling.
6 & 7. I built two UDS's. I use one on occasion. The other I am going to trade to a relative for a Santa Maria he built. They live near Phoenix so the trade may take a while.
8. Yoder YS640. This has become my go to smoker simply for the ease of operation. You all know about why some people go pellet.
9. Kat Reverse Flow stick burner. I have only had this one for a short period of time. My wood vendor boned me on wood quality so I have not had the ability to really get to know this smoker. She does look nice.
10. I bought a Big Chief a few months ago. Only used once with some salmon.

Outside of smoking stuff I love to kayak fish and ride my motorcycle. I primarily fish the land of the giants (Pyramid Lake). I have one Iron Butt motorcycle ride accomplished (1,052 miles in 17 hours straight). And I drink beer...Married like 100 years (actually 37) and have two adult man children and one grandson.

That's all folks. Thanks for allowing me to join the group.

Welcome aboard Pog! You're definitely in the right place here.

Welcome! And thanks for your service to the community.

Hi Pog,

Nice to meet you on T.B.B,

We respect the police. Thank you!

I have an old 1949 Harley.

I like to fish and dive.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I looks forward to checking the forums out. I especially like the Wordless and Worthless picture threads. Not sure why. I must have something wrong with me...

Chett, I had a HD Road Glide for a number of years but now stay on a BMW K1600 GTL. It has an in-line 6 cylinder engine. I do love the classics like you have. My dad was actually on a law enforcement motorcycle drill team on a HD back in the 50's and 60's. Riding demonstrations and parades. They did not document much so I do not have any images. Bummer.

Good to meet you too!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I looks forward to checking the forums out. I especially like the Wordless and Worthless picture threads. Not sure why. I must have something wrong with me...

Chett, I had a HD Road Glide for a number of years but now stay on a BMW K1600 GTL. It has an in-line 6 cylinder engine. I do love the classics like you have. My dad was actually on a law enforcement motorcycle drill team on a HD back in the 50's and 60's. Riding demonstrations and parades. They did not document much so I do not have any images. Bummer.

Good to meet you too!

Welocme POG! With Wood Pile, you will fit right in. :thumb:

Welocme(sic)!
Lake Tahoe is beautiful country.
It's tough going from salt water to fresh.
I've got a garage full of larger tackle that'll probably never get used again.

Back