Hasty Bake Roughneck.

Looks like an insulated vertical smoker that opens on the top instead of the front with rusting outside walls. :noidea:

After listening to the last " Fire and Grain " podcast, I think there's some video on their Facebook page. But IDK, I don't do Facebook.

I think you can find the podcast on Spotify. I listen on Podbean. It starts at the 49 minute mark.

The tel-tru is a option fer upgrade?? Yer kidding...
Looks ta be a nice little cooker though. I'll trade that enormous"K" emblem fer the tel-tru and ya can keep those wheels. And thank goodness the fire grate has "front" stamped on it.
Other than that, sure why not..
Maybe Jeremy will review it on his YouTube channel... I love how John reacts ta those.

-D

I watched both videos- thanks for the link.
"Looks like a Mini Chud box" seems to be pretty accurate. I don't see how it's blazing any new territory but that's ok. Hard to do when the biggest segment of outdoor cooking is basically a grate over a fire, or next to a fire with some some sort of enclosure or not. I like Mister Kent and hope he sells a ton of them and that the buyers are happy with them.

I think it is a tad bit better than a Chud box for 1 reason, You will be able to get one anytime you want , once production starts

I watched both videos- thanks for the link.
"Looks like a Mini Chud box" seems to be pretty accurate. I don't see how it's blazing any new territory but that's ok. Hard to do when the biggest segment of outdoor cooking is basically a grate over a fire, or next to a fire with some some sort of enclosure or not. I like Mister Kent and hope he sells a ton of them and that the buyers are happy with them.

Hasty Bake has said that they have had various people cooking on this cooker for months now and it has been used in competitions and done very well. Supposedly one of the teams is going to be switching over to these over their current drums. I guess time will tell on how well they sell. Kent and Hasty Bake are both going to be selling them. They come with the Kent Rollins badge as seen in the pictures and videos and a Hasty Bake badge that you can swap on to it if you want. I have not seen a picture of what that looks like. HB claims very even temps throughout the entire cooker.

I like it's design. Looks like others have said, a chud box. Too bad I'm not in the market for one. Too many nice grills & pits out there these days.

Back