THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm bumping this excellent thread to ask about lamb leg vs lamb shoulder on this. I'm making this dish for a party.

STLSportster used a leg - less connective tissue than a shoulder. Not sure if that means a leg works better here.

I'd love any thoughts on this.

For what my opinion is worth
Leg is better than shoulder if your grilling it like in the skewers.
faster and juicy.
shoulder is awesome cut into large pieces and woven onto a spit or cooked whole slow
Like thus

Food looks very good! I need to try something like that at some point.

but there is something that I didn't understand in your photos -

what is all that shiny metal stuff.

:mrgreen:

Looks great! I have yet to make a tzatziki sauce that has impressed me more than one mediterranean cafe downtown that is great. How'd you like yours? And this post reminds me I have a leg in the fridge I bought to grind for gyro meat.

For what my opinion is worth
Leg is better than shoulder if your grilling it like in the skewers.
faster and juicy.
shoulder is awesome cut into large pieces and woven onto a spit or cooked whole slow
Like thus

Nailed that cook. I did something similar but I felt the outter pieces were overcooked. Still good tho.

Back