THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DJTOBY

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Vincent
I just got my PBC about a month ago and love it. I also have a Weber kettle and a basic Char Broil offset (nothing fancy). Each is different to use. I too had the same question “how do you lower the temperature on the pit barrel cooker?”. I figured it out! Following the manufacture instructions, it will cook at a temp of 250-320. Depending on what you’re cooking, you need lower temperatures.

To do this, I line the outer edge of the charcoal basket with charcoal (just like the snake method). This would leave the center empty. I also leave a gap to drop the hot coals into. In addition, I have to play with the bottom vent to tune in the temperature. Once I have it, it’s stays consistent. Also, if needed, I remove one of the rebar’s to get it right where I want it.

Doing this, I’ve been able to achieve a temp of 218-250 for hours!

Back