GBA question!

altomari8868

Knows what a fatty is.
For the teams that compete in the GBA. Could someone answer a few questions for me.
1) when it says pulled pork. On your box are you just turning in pulled pork or is it like the FBA or KCBS that you would use pulled, chunks, MM and tubes also.
2) on the pork loin box do you put chopped in the bottom and then slices on top.
Any information would be a huge help to someone who will be trying this organization. Thank you so much 😀

I haven't competed in GBA, But I have friends who do. The answer to both your questions is yes. Load the box up with MM, chunks,tubes whatever. And make sure you can't see any white at the bottom of the box.

Boxes that score well in pulled pork will have MM, tubes, chunks or pulled. If you have a good bark, be sure to highlight that. The main thing is to present a full box. GBA judges are used to seeing full boxes.

A lot of teams will use a bed of chopped loin under the slices. Many will also frame the slices with cubes, etc. Again full boxes rule. Same with ribs. I have seen as many as 19 baby backs in a GBA box.

While filling the box a word of caution. Judges are instructed that if it is in the box to take a sample. So the chopped bed of loin will be sampled & considered in the judging process. Bottom line, a full box looks better but that "filler" better be good stuff too.

^^^ what they said above. While judges are accustomed to MM in the pork box, it doesn't *have* to be there. Last competition I did our MM's were mushy as everything, so I bypassed it and really had a nice tube and bark display; all 10's in presentation.

Back