Gas grill question

Looks lovely. Planning a built-in?

Possibly or one of their freestanding premium ones. They had some great deals on their website but I can't find any real world reviews of them so I am skeptical, I suppose. I have a Weber S470 but I need a change. Between that and wanting to figure out something different with my original Summit Charcoal Grill Center, I am exploring options.

I have their garage cabinets. They are chinese, not the best quality. Can't say I'd trust them for a grill.

I can't speak for these grills, but one problem I've had in the past was parts wearing out and not being able to find the parts, often because the design changed. Cheap gas grill are essentially disposable and have a 3-year lifetime. By contrast, I finally purchased a Weber gasser and I've had it for 15 years and not had any issues. I've heard of people spending quite a bit on a grill, only to have it kick the dust in a few years and not be able to find parts. You're smart to ask around about the company.

I can't speak for these grills, but one problem I've had in the past was parts wearing out and not being able to find the parts, often because the design changed. Cheap gas grill are essentially disposable and have a 3-year lifetime. By contrast, I finally purchased a Weber gasser and I've had it for 15 years and not had any issues. I've heard of people spending quite a bit on a grill, only to have it kick the dust in a few years and not be able to find parts. You're smart to ask around about the company.

I love my Weber's but I have had a couple weird issues. Currently on the S470, the flames are all incredibly high and not any blue and they are saying it has to be the hose and couldn't be anything else. Then I wanted to try and purchase just a stand for the Weber Summit Charcoal but they couldn't tell me what all needs to be purchased due to it technically being different. I want to swap from the grill center model to the stand model so I can change the set up I have.

Sounds like clogged burner ports or other things on the Weber. Look at Viking of other high end stuff. Several good ones. Anyone that would put back lighting in a gasser makes me wonder how much they know. Will get gunked after first or second cook.

Good Luck!

Sounds like clogged burner ports or other things on the Weber. Look at Viking of other high end stuff. Several good ones. Anyone that would put back lighting in a gasser makes me wonder how much they know. Will get gunked after first or second cook.

Good Luck!

Yeah man, I've cleaned all the ports and given the whole grill multiple up and down cleanings, the tubes and all. Spent time on the Weber Kettle Club forum and everything but they told me it is the hose so they are sending me a new hose. A bit frustrating as I've given them over $10,000 in the last 10 years between all the grills I have had.

are you running a natural gas unit on propane? if so it will be over gassed, all high flames, if not the regulator could be bad

The first thing that struck me about the company web site is they seem to offer a ton of different products. Sort of like going to a local diner and seeing 75-100 menu items. Are all of them truly delicious?

Ditto the comments about replacement parts. I didn't think my Charbroil gasser would last as long as it has, but it is primarily due to finding replacement parts when needed and keeping it covered when not in use.

The first thing that struck me about the company web site is they seem to offer a ton of different products. Sort of like going to a local diner and seeing 75-100 menu items. Are all of them truly delicious?

Ditto the comments about replacement parts. I didn't think my Charbroil gasser would last as long as it has, but it is primarily due to finding replacement parts when needed and keeping it covered when not in use.

For sure. I really think I have talked myself out of that one. I have been looking around local / online adds as well. I'll find something. I have seen some real high end ones on Craigslist/Facebook marketplace I have asked about. If Weber wasn't a bit frustrating for me the last few months, I wouldn't even think about it. I'd still love if they updated the Summit 470 too, I'd bite depending what they did, i think.

Yeah man, I've cleaned all the ports and given the whole grill multiple up and down cleanings, the tubes and all. Spent time on the Weber Kettle Club forum and everything but they told me it is the hose so they are sending me a new hose. A bit frustrating as I've given them over $10,000 in the last 10 years between all the grills I have had.

Yeah, that only leaves the regulator (hose) or faulty tank.

Hose and tank swapped. Same issue. Super annoying, is what it is.

Well Dang! The only other thing I can think of now given the info you have provided are:

1. Restricted air intakes on the burners.
2. Restricted orifices for gas.
3. Since you state all burners are malfunctioning with yellow flame either the gas manifold and/or burners are misaligned.

There is not much left if your info is accurate. Do you have any pic's you can post?

Well Dang! The only other thing I can think of now given the info you have provided are:

1. Restricted air intakes on the burners.
2. Restricted orifices for gas.
3. Since you state all burners are malfunctioning with yellow flame either the gas manifold and/or burners are misaligned.

There is not much left if your info is accurate. Do you have any pic's you can post?

They are actually going to send me burner tubes. I plan to just have it all good to go before selling it to a friend of mine for cheapish. Even though I am very frustrated, I am glad the warranty goes until 2030 according to my Weber account.

Back