THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Care to share the AWESOME?

Sure thang capn!

I cut the top off deep enough to expose the clove, trim the root end a little just to clean it up, rub the paper skins just to get rid of anything loose. Make an aluminum boat and place in roots down. Pour olive oil on the top of the exposed cloves and season with whatever you like, I always use “everything but the bagel” (yes garlic on garlic) then smoke till the cloves are fork tender. Once done put them on the counter and let them cook a bit. Once cool enough to handle, pull the cloves out and squeeze out the opened end. Super easy to peel once smoked.

Makes the most killer mashed potatoes, and amazing schmeared on toasted French bread with a little butter.

Sure thang capn!

I cut the top off deep enough to expose the clove, trim the root end a little just to clean it up, rub the paper skins just to get rid of anything loose. Make an aluminum boat and place in roots down. Pour olive oil on the top of the exposed cloves and season with whatever you like, I always use “everything but the bagel” (yes garlic on garlic) then smoke till the cloves are fork tender. Once done put them on the counter and let them cook a bit. Once cool enough to handle, pull the cloves out and squeeze out the opened end. Super easy to peel once smoked.

Makes the most killer mashed potatoes, and amazing schmeared on toasted French bread with a little butter.
Great idea. I’ve done it in the oven before, but it never occurred to me to do it on the smoker.

I did a 'confit garlic' in the smoker a while back. Which as a bonus, gives you smoked garlic oil as well.

HA!

I read ‘confetti’ garlic and my brain immediately thought “oh I gotta google that! I’ve never even heard of that! That’s gotta be AWESOME!!! Wait that’s confit not confetti…”

:caked:

HA!

I read ‘confetti’ garlic and my brain immediately thought “oh I gotta google that! I’ve never even heard of that! That’s gotta be AWESOME!!! Wait that’s confit not confetti…”

:caked:

Yep, just mince it up and then put it into a few different metal bowls. A couple of drops of food coloring in each and mix well. Then cook them slightly so they aren't sticky, and mix it all together again-bam, confetti garlic :biggrin1:

Back