THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I get kind of bored with chicken, so I like to "spice it up" - literally, from time to time. I did two chickens Jamaican jerk style, two different ways. The first was two halves on my Primo XL, and the second was a whole trussed bird on my Weber kettle rotisserie. Both got a liberal application of Walkerswood "hot" seasoning and marinated for about 8 hours (I normally like to go 24, but oh well).

Each grill used Royal Oak lump with authentic pimento wood chips for smoke. Once each bird was 75% cooked I used Walkerswood hot barbecue sauce over a couple layers to up the heat level and build that classic blackened jerk chicken look.

For sides I did Jamaican style red beans and rice (coconut milk, hot pepper, garlic, etc), and fried plantains.

While it may appear the blackening is "burnt" to people that have not eaten jerk chicken before, I assure you it's not...it's full of hot, spicy, smokey flavor.

**the plated picture at the bottom is my submission**

Last edited:
Haven't done a throw down in a while...simple dinner on the Weber 26....Yardbird for the rub. Ran at 375 then blasted around 500 for the finish. Second pic for the entry please.

Attachments

• 20170802_235111.jpg
    20170802_235111.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 20170802_235004.jpg
    20170802_235004.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 587
Got some wings that have been chillin in a hot hatch chile marinade all afternoon. We'll see how they turn out...

These turned out pretty good. About 8-9 hot hatch chiles, 6 cloves of garlic, 1/2 an onion, salt, vinegar and lime juice took a spin in the blender, then hung out in the fridge all afternoon with some wings.

c0l7LOoh.jpg

Cooked em up on the Big Joe...Please use this as my entry photo:

K8kf1Qrh.jpg

All I can say is Holy Mary Mother of God!!! My mouth is still on fire! But man were they good!!!

This is an entry.

My first spatchcocked chicken in the Hunsaker drum came out great!

Sweet and Spicy Spatchcocked Chicken

I started with Harvest Dry Brine from Naturiffic and dry brined the chicken for 2 hours

IMG_0019.jpg

wiped off the brine and seasoned with Naturiffic Gingery Orange seasoning. It went into the drum at 350

IMG_0021.jpg

and took about 1:15.

IMG_0027.jpg

At that point I glazed it with a sweet and spicy glaze made with coconut aminos (like soy sauce), pineapple juice, ginger, garlic and sriracha, reduced.

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Along with the chicken I did a couple of russet potatoes and some drum roasted broccoli. (The foil pouch is some farmers market beets for later in the week)

While the chicken was resting I grilled some pineapple.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Please use this picture

This came out great!

I need to figure out what I did with my camera and up my game. Phone camera just doesn't cut it for these...

Back