"Fresh Summertime Vegetables" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Sept. 11th!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Fresh Summertime Vegetables!"

14673281475_9141f9ba3e_b.jpg

This was Ron_L's winning entry in the 2015 "Time for Veggies to Shine" Throwdown

As chosen by Edmunds for winning the "Live Fire Cooking" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

edmonds said:
Since Summer is in full swing, how about a "Fresh Summertime Vegetables" Throwdown?

Any and all veggies on the grill. Meat optional - if you do include a protein, the veggies must be the centerpiece of your entry photo.

You may submit entries that are cooked from 8/25 through 9/11.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on 9/11/23.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Well, I'll start it off. My Veggie entry: SALSA.

Cook thread here:https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305990

Entry pic:
Entry.jpg

It already tastes great, but wait til tomorrow when the lime juice kicks in!! I'm also making my loaded chicken quesadillas tomorrow, which include this stuff as an ingredient. Win, win!!

Cook on, folks!

As the Category Description reads "Any and and all veggies on the grill.", potatoes would qualify, as would all root vegetables. :thumb:

It is implied in the Throwdown title that the veggies must be fresh, though.

I always thought that potatoes were considered a tuber, not a vegetable, but I just learned that any edible part of a plant other than it's reproductive organs (fruits) is considered a vegetable. So tubers are a sub-class of vegetables. :thumb:

Not sure how I feel about eating reproductive organs :twitch: lol

How about tomatoes?
Sure, why not.
Strictly, tomatoes are fruits. However, the U.S. supreme court declared tomatoes to be vegetables.

I would say most anything that people eat/cook as a vegetable, including potatoes and green beans, would qualify.

Maybe "vegetable" might seem a little ambiguous, but I think we can all agree on what is a vegetable.

Back