Foodflation- Hit me like a wrecking ball

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I've not bought ham hocks in a really long time. Last couple decades when I wanted meat in my beans I used whatever I'd smoked or sausage both. The Bride requested ham hock. Trekked to the store found a two pack of ham hocks. $8. Freaking $4 a piece for a flavor bomb. Bargain bin was being picked by 4 folks. Looked at regular price beef and choice Porterhouse was BOGO. $17 for two Porterhouse is decent. There were three trimmed brisket Points. Grabbed one of those. Corn, beans, squash and asparagus. Life on the High Plains

Last edited:
It has gone crazy for sure, but still there are a ton of sales and deals to be had out there. I never have luck finding the markdown miracles like some do, but most stores run something at a good price each week.

I think the key is what we see Adams do regularly. Make the meat a part of the meal, and not just the main centerpiece. I used to be real guilty of cooking with "okay, dinner is a pork chop, a veg, and a starch' and that part does get real pricey lately. But last week I made a steak stir fry with 1 pound of steak going to 4 servings, which helps spread the bucks quite a bit.

It's getting crazy. I have lots of sausage products though. I scored two packs of Johnsonville beer brats today for $2.99 each (regular $5.99). They don't expire till Sunday. Straight to the freezer they went.

Family friend "winters" in Arizona. She said unless you go to Costco eggs can be up to $8.99. she said a dozen but wondering if that's an 18er.

Family friend "winters" in Arizona. She said unless you go to Costco eggs can be up to $8.99. she said a dozen but wondering if that's an 18er.

I could see that. I usually don’t look at the price of eggs but because of this thread I did while at the store yesterday. The brand I usually buy (free-range something or other) was $6.99 /dozen!! And that wasn’t the most expensive. I went with the cheap store brand at $3-something a dozen, but they don’t taste nearly as good. Tempted to buys some laying hens and have my own eggs, but I don’t think my neighbors would like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there's plenty of stupid to go around these days. Think we're looking at these (or worse) prices for a while. I'm ready to return to "old overpriced stuff," this new pricing is killing folks.
Like there's a mindset for everyone to jack their prices post pandemic. Can't do that in my line of work and no COLA.

I could see that. I usually don’t look at the price of eggs but because of this thread I did while at the store yesterday. The brand I usually buy (free-range something or other) was $6.99 /dozen!! And that wasn’t the most expensive. I went with the cheap store brand at $3-something a dozen, but they don’t taste nearly as good. Tempted to buys some laying hens and have my own eggs, but I don’t think my neighbors would like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where in OR? In most cases they won't mind unless you get a rooster or you live in an anal HOA.

Back