Flat Iron Steaks

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
John
My last day on my bachelor stay-cation, and I found some flat iron steaks on a freezer dive.

I love this cut - a really rich beef taste and very tender if cooked right.

Rubbed with Suckle Buster's Campfire steak seasoning and cooked hot and fast with mesquite chips for smoke:

7NuavqDh.jpg

1UkS07gh.jpg

Life is good! :-D

That Flat Iron looks fantastic!! :thumb::thumb:
One of the best cuts for a quick cook with great flavor and tenderness!! I would be all over that!!

Hell yes John! One of my all time favorite beef cuts. Underrated for sure if you can get your hands on it. I think I do pretty good steaks/cuts at home so when I dine out at high end steak houses, while others jump on ribeyes, filets, wagyu etc I opt out for the flat iron. :becky: If a steak house can cook up a gooood flat iron they're legit. :nod:

Z6ISESih.jpg

Hell yes John! One of my all time favorite beef cuts. Underrated for sure if you can get your hands on it. I think I do pretty good steaks/cuts at home so when I dine out at high end steak houses, while others jump on ribeyes, filets, wagyu etc I opt out for the flat iron. :becky: If a steak house can cook up a gooood flat iron they're legit. :nod:

Z6ISESih.jpg

Now that's what im talking about!

Looks great, what taste profile is the rub? I love the sucklebusters 1836 but the wife sez it has too much garlic for her, in search of a alternate for her thanks

Great lookin' steak, John! Glad to see you're eating well while the Mrs. is gone. :grin:

Back