first "catering" gig

Wife and I spent hours last night talking about the next chapter in my life after the military. It’s coming up fast, and catering keeps coming back up to the front of our list! Hope it works out for you as well. Looks damn good!

I doubt that frees you of liability.

it's no different than cooking in my backyard or kitchen and having friends over for dinner. i made no money, it was a meal made for friends. they reimbursed me for the groceries and not a penny more.

people can sue for anything they want, it doesn't mean they'll win. and if my friends want to sue me, i need new friends!

Wife and I spent hours last night talking about the next chapter in my life after the military. It’s coming up fast, and catering keeps coming back up to the front of our list! Hope it works out for you as well. Looks damn good!

Jeffry, Wife and I jumped head first in to a Concessions Trailer back in 07, it was a learning experience with a huge curve because here in Florida they have some very strict rules and regulations. And Dept of Ag / Health (local) is pretty by the book. When the economy fell in 08 / 09, the business did too and BK became our only option after that.

That said, it can be lucrative but is a ton of work, plus we made some really great friends.
As my customer base grows I will step by step my way back in, but that previous knowledge allows me to know what steps I have to take. The one thing that you can not control is the economy and peoples descresionary spending, so product quality and service has to be top notch to survive.

Congrats man, that looks awesome. I've been a line cook for about the last year in two diff places, a restaurant/bar and currently a fine dining place. I love to cook but nothing beats my side gig cooking for others and seeing their faces. I did like 15 pop ups and one chicken BBQ fundraiser and when you see the same people coming to see you and eat your food week in and week out, nothing beats that feeling. Keep with it man, thats one heck of a start and you def now have the bug and best of all... everyone needs to eat!

Back