firebox on the left, stack on the right?

ttkt57

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Bill Bryant
Does anybody make an offset with firebox on the left, stack on the right? Does anybody know why it came to be the other way around?

Alot of pits on trailers you will see this. Especially if they are doubled up one hast to be left to right and other right to left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alot of pits on trailers you will see this. Especially if they are doubled up one hast to be left to right and other right to left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My understanding for that is on a trailer model you would want the cook chamber facing the curb so if you had to park on a street and cook you wouldn't be standing in the road operating the cooker. As far as patio cookers I suppose it was just preference. My old New Braunfels had a left firebox and right exhaust.

• Thanks
Reactions: cow
My New Braunfels has the fire box on the left side. The one I had before this one was left side also. Where mine sits it keeps any body walkin by (grandkids) on the CC side.

I had an original Brinkmann Cimarron offset that was setup that way.

PXL-20210711-231915873.jpg

Find an OG New Braunfels Black Diamond and the successor companies.

Link is to photos of New Braunfels smokers

Link broke. Google "new Braunfels smoker photos"

I'm know they all cook the same but the fire box on the left makes my head hurt looking at it. It just doesn't seem right. haha

I do know that it's needed for certain uses though.

My understanding for that is on a trailer model you would want the cook chamber facing the curb so if you had to park on a street and cook you wouldn't be standing in the road operating the cooker. As far as patio cookers I suppose it was just preference. My old New Braunfels had a left firebox and right exhaust.

I guess it would depend on which side of the street you were parked on......I see plenty of Shirley trailer models with the cook chamber doors opening just like yours which, if viewed from the Rear of the Trailer, would open to the Left Side and that would always be "in the street" regardless of which direction you were headed.

Guess it's always best to get to a parking lot or an open field to cook your Q.

Left-handed smokers just look wrong to me. My guess is that offsets were designed with the firebox to the right of the cook chamber because most folks are right-handed. You's grab your next stick with your right hand.

As a general rule, I wouldn't want to cook curbside unless I absolutely had to. I want a flat, level spot to cook (I actually have magnetic levels stuck to my trailer to check). I would expect curbside to be at an angle to allow drainage.

Smoke naturally wants to flow toward the left due to the earth's rotation and magnetic pull.

I believe if they were to open the smoke chamber door, these reverse models actually are correcting the reverse flow inside, and in so doing, they reverse the reverse and properly align the magnetic poles in the smoke, again.

Ouch, I hurt myself with that thinking.

Back