Finding A New Home for All My Smokers (Even the SF)

Luckily with no kids and currently in a 3 bedroom (only really using 2 of those) we don't have a lot of stuff. Or really heavy stuff :-D. Heck most of the heavy stuff was my smokers which i would move myself anyways :loco:

You're forgetting about that MASSIVE grinder you have!

Luckily that "happy wife happy life" crap doesn't exist in our marriage :biggrin1:. Though she parks on the other side with plenty of room. But she'd happily park outside if needs be. Love that girl. All about what makes us both happy. Not just one person.

X2 !!
You said it best brother !!
:clap2::clap2:

so give us all a little preview of how the cooking area looks now with all of the pieces of equipment.....................

so give us all a little preview of how the cooking area looks now with all of the pieces of equipment.....................

Cool. Heading over there later today and will take some shots. This is our last weekend to move and really other than our bedroom most everything is there.

Though all the smokers are just on the back patio strewn about. Will need to extend the patio at some time. The SF will just be rolled out the garage and cook on it there. I'm so happy to have a flat driveway and I can just roll it out by hand. Previous place wasn't sloped that much, but just enough all that weight would easily get away from you so always had to hook it up. Wasn't a huge step, but one less to worry about.

Cook for July 2nd as a welcome party is official. Going to cook the 29lb brisket that day :becky:. Along with a bunch of other stuff.

Looking good Jason. Congrats on the new place. Wish I had gas in the house. Hate electric stoves...

Looking good Jason. Congrats on the new place. Wish I had gas in the house. Hate electric stoves...

I really thought when I had to go to electric it would suck and I'd never get over it, but I did get used to it pretty quick. I guess I don't do a crazy amount of stove cooking other than a lot of veggie sauteing and a few other things. We did look at a few houses that also had electric, but if that was the case I'd actually would have gone induction cook top.

Of course now that I start on gas I'm sure I'll say I could never go back again :loco:.

Congrats on the new digs, Jason.

Your lovely wife will probably have to adjust cooking times on her award winning cheesecakes cooking with gas!

Ha! Trust me she has commented many times how it will be different and she'll have to play with it. But just like cooking bbq there are some tell tale things to look for to know when it's done. All the times she's cooked in the smokers or someone else's oven she adapts pretty well.

I should get some cream cheese so she can do lots of practicing this weekend :caked:. Though I guess unpacking stuff will be the priority.

I did pick up a 20lb brisket on the way home to cook on Sunday since we'll just be doing stuff around the house all weekend. Probably do it on the egg.

I'm not sure you're going to be able to handle such quick or even heating of your pans. It will definitely take an adjustment.

Back