Finally...............

Nice narrative and pics. Congrats! We are looking for our first GC and I'm not sure I will be around past 30 or 40 contests if we don't win one by then. Now, we really need to talk about your friend's taste in tequila...

Congratulations! That first GC is like none other, especially after you've worked and waited for it, and put all the pieces in play. Well done!

Congrats!!! I was a judge on the Pro Side there. I know I did not get any of your meat because I was not impressed at all with any of the turn ins our table got. It's amazing how some "Pro" teams turn in what they turn in. But in all fairness I have had some amazing turn ins as well, not at this event though. Congrats again!!!! It was a rainy weekend for you for sure

Last edited:
Major props to you guys!!!

Quick question on the margarita picture. What's that to the right by the napkin roll?? :p

Aloha and Congratulations on your first GC.

Nice narrative and pics. Congrats! We are looking for our first GC and I'm not sure I will be around past 30 or 40 contests if we don't win one by then. Now, we really need to talk about your friend's taste in tequila...

We are slow learners and stubborn too I guess :crazy:. I thought we'd have one last year and came close a few times, but never had it all click perfectly at once. As for the tequila we drink which ever booze we can get our hands on :becky: and save the good stuff to put in our pork..............huh :thumb:

Congrats!!! I was a judge on the Pro Side there. I know I did not get any of your meat because I was not impressed at all with any of the turn ins our table got. It's amazing how some "Pro" teams turn in what they turn in. But in all fairness I have had some amazing turn ins as well, not at this event though. Congrats again!!!! It was a rainy weekend for you for sure

I lol'd.

Congrats. So happy that you guys won. BBQ always has a way of rewarding folks at the right time.

Or is this the part where I start talking about my grands and how quickly I won them. I always get confused when I see other people happy.

Back