Fake Apple Pie Shine

Think we may have to try both recipes posted and do a side by side comparison...Do you let it sit/age in the jars with the cinnamon sticks or is there a diffence in flavor from just in the jar to some a few weeks/months old?

There may be a bit as the cinnamon stick dissolves. There will also be more sediment.
The main problem with this is that it is so smooth, people tend to guzzle and before they know it, their head is like a magnet to the ground.

There may be a bit as the cinnamon stick dissolves. There will also be more sediment.
The main problem with this is that it is so smooth, people tend to guzzle and before they know it, their head is like a magnet to the ground.

That's the reason I don't put the cinnamon sticks in there.

Your recipe just got copied into my documents!:biggrin1: I'm thinking that I'll make a batch, fill pint jars with a few apple wedges in each and hand them out to friends for Christmas!:wink:

You could do a cherry, but finding 100% cherry juice is very hard around here.

Peach is also one that has been done.

Old Orchard make a frozen cherry concentrate that we get at Meijers and Marsh and Kroger also carry it here.

My wife make a KILLER chery pie and my favorite is Raspberry-Lemon Aid:icon_smile_tongue::icon_smile_tongue::icon_smile_tongue::icon_smile_tongue::icon_smile_tongue::grin::grin:

Why so much juice? :mrgreen: My version has half the juice, all the booze, a few more ingredients, sediment and goes at about 150...... and yes, people fall down! :becky:

You could do a cherry, but finding 100% cherry juice is very hard around here.

We found some at a local fruit farm..it's a concentrate made by Leelanau fruit co. that's excellent and available online

http://www.leelanaufruit.com/products.shtml

The only downside is it's made in "That" state up north of Ohio....... :wink:

Just kidding Michigan brethren, just kidding :thumb:

Thanks for sharing Matt your stuff is da bomb :clap2:

Last edited:
Here you go!

Apple Pie ala Mode

Ingredients:
2 - 12 oz. containers frozen Apple juice concentrate
1 Half gallon Apple Cider
1.5 fifths of 190 proof grain alcohol (I use Everclear, not available in WA)
1.5 cups brown sugar
1.5 cups granulated sugar
16 Cinnamon sticks
16 Whole cloves
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla bean powder
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 whole honeycrisp apple sliced and cored for jars Mason Jars (this should make approx 12-16 pints)

Put apple juice and cider in saucepan and heat on med/high adding the sugars to dissolve. After sugars are dissolved add remaining ingredients and bring to a slow boil for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often to meld flavors. Remove from heat and let cool to room temp. Cut apple and put into mason jars. After juice is cool, stir in alcohol and strain into jars to remove whole cloves and cinnamon sticks. Add a cinnamon stick to each jar, cap and refrigerate. It can be drank upon completion but is best after aging 2-3 weeks

You can fudge the juice and sugar quantities to suit, and this is just the version I share which best guess is still about 140 proof.

Here you go!

Apple Pie ala Mode

Ingredients:
2 - 12 oz. containers frozen Apple juice concentrate
1 Half gallon Apple Cider
1 and 1/2 fifths of 190 proof grain alcohol (I use Everclear, not available in WA)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
16 Cinnamon sticks
16 Whole cloves
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla bean powder
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 whole honeycrisp apple sliced and cored for jars Mason Jars (this should make approx 12-16 pints)

Put apple juice and cider in saucepan and heat on med/high adding the sugars to dissolve. After sugars are dissolved add remaining ingredients and bring to a slow boil for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often to meld flavors. Remove from heat and let cool to room temp. Cut apple and put into mason jars. After juice is cool, stir in alcohol and strain into jars to remove whole cloves and cinnamon sticks. Add a cinnamon stick to each jar, cap and refrigerate. It can be drank upon completion but is best after aging 2-3 weeks

You can fudge the juice and sugar quantities to suit, and this is just the version I share which best guess is still about 140 proof.

Are sugars .5 cups or 1.5 cups?

i find mine best at 3 weeks. it is a little thick but shake it up and down the hatch!

Oh, beware of the apple slice....

The majority of what I call Craft Spirits that are for sale come from Good equipment you have to remember it is part of an underground economy, If you use bad equipment you'd be killin off your clients and it would taste bloody awful. A fellar would be more than just out of business more & likely he would be enjoying a well deserved dirt nap. That old radiator story is basically a wives tale perpetuated by gooberment revenue agents to temper sales by scaring the uninformed public.
I heard it from an old moonshiner. They used to have a separate all copper still to make smaller batches for personal use.

Why so much juice? :mrgreen: My version has half the juice, all the booze, a few more ingredients, sediment and goes at about 150...... and yes, people fall down! :becky:

That was what is most common when you search online for it. Plus, I want my wife to drink it and there's no way she'd drink the hi-po stuff.:thumb:

Back