Exciting News! Looks What's In Store for Q3 Throwdown Winners...

5722873304_beavis_and_butthead_answer_1_xlarge.png

YEEEEEEEEES!!! THAT ROCKS!!!

Who let you out?

:tsk:

OK folks, we are now live. The next Q3 TD winner gets one of these great prizes, as do all winners through the end of September! :thumb:

Our new TD category is...

"SAUSAGEFEST!
"

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/4 through Sunday 7/13

So Sausage Fest is the first, right? You had mentioned Veggies in another thread but this one actually was the first July TD?

:shock: What do you mean...we can't be included??:shocked:

Shipping restrictions due to raw meat being shipped overseas to AK and HI. It would arrive rather warm and a petri dish for nasty bacteria and such.

I'm working on an alternative, though.

Last edited:
If I ever win one, I want to be able to have it shipped to a brethren in mainland USA or Canada then?
An alternative would be a good thing, since we are international and an inclusive non discriminatory bunch of farkers!

If I ever win one, I want to be able to have it shipped to a brethren in mainland USA or Canada then?
An alternative would be a good thing, since we are international and an inclusive non discriminatory bunch of farkers!

You've figured us out! You folks outside of the US are such good cooks and photographers that the US folks have to come up with devious ways to discourage you from entering the TDs! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Providing prizes for TD participants outside of the US has always been problematic. So far we've been able to work with our sponsors to provide a workaround for this AT THEIR EXPENSE. The vendors who have voluntarily offered TD prizes are footing the bill for the prize and the shipping and shipping outside of the US can be expensive and also requires additional paperwork for them or their staff. Fortunately they have been willing to help us out with this.

In this case there are international restrictions in place that are outside of SRF and Double R's control. Besides the considerable expense of getting a perishable item to its destination safely, there are rules and regulations that differ from country to country. Double R restricts shipping to the US for this reason. From their FAQ...

Double R Ranch Co. delivers within the United States with the exception of Puerto Rico, Guam and other U.S. territories. At this time, we are unable to process international orders or deliver to PO and APO/FPO Boxes.

Let's use Australia as an example. Even if Double R was willing to ship to you, your own government won't allow it. This is from the Australian Government Department of Agriculture web site on a page titled "What can't be mailed to Australia"

Meat and meat products
  • all uncanned meat—including fresh, dried, frozen, cooked, smoked, salted or preserved meat
  • packaged meals (including noodles) containing meat
  • mooncakes containing meat
  • remedies and medicines containing animal material
  • pet food including canned and dried food and supplements.

Regulations like this exist in many other countries as well, so I hope that you, and the other Brothers and Sisters outside of the US, understand the difficulties that are unique to this prize.

If you or any international Brother (or Sister) wins one of the prizes donated by SRF and Double R, we'll do our best to figure out how to best handle it, but shipping the prize outside of the US is not an option.

I see your problem with shipping fresh meat to Australia.
We know the rules, but being Aussie farkers we completely ignore them and do what we want.
If we obeyed the laws here, we wouldn't have tomatilloes, avocadoes, new melon strains, corn, and a few thousand other plant foods and trees!
Why?
This state does not allow the shipping of farking SEEDS!
:doh:

The only defense to electing bureaucratic corrupt imbeciles is to live in defiance of their ludicrous legislation and maintain your freedom.
:dancer:
So, who's with me?
I'll trade any winnings for someone to ship me a nice S&M model 29, seeds for the coca plant, special bourbon, and yes, I'll pay the difference!
Or just come visit and bring stuff!:mrgreen:

OK, I'll send you my addy. :mrgreen:

We said the same thing during the civil war....

Wow! I like steak! :hungry:

I have this idea for a veggie TD entry. Dare I go for a repeat win?

Will I fall one vote short of some farker who puts grilled chicken on a salad? :tsk:

Will Gore have a moment of eggplant genius? :shock:

A lot to consider, here.

CD :becky:

Back