Eggplant and Zucchini Rollatini

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Yet another "using the Goldens' as an oven" and the "Blackstone as a fry pan" cook. It wasn't particularly hot today, but I didn't feel like using the oven.

On the menu for dinner today - Eggplant! I wasn't in the mood for the usual eggplant parm and thinking I didn't have enough I headed to the store and came back with Zucchini. Why? These are being turned into Rollatini which I haven't made in quite some time and using Zucchini sounded pretty good.

Thin slices for both the Eggplant and Zucchini -

LCry4qV.jpg

A quick fry on the Blackstone for a few minutes to get them pliable -

JAiVZJe.jpg

gzL9uYq.jpg

0xU23fi.jpg

c4yd02Z.jpg

A Tomato Sauce with leftover Taco ground beef was simmering on the stove. I mixed together Ricotta, Mozzarella, Egg and Parsley for the filling. I saved enough shredded Mozzarella for the topping.

They're cool enough to start rolling -

T4T9Sue.jpg

In the pan and sauced -

dkohVmg.jpg

And out onto the Goldens' they go -

iQaPZPX.jpg

Mozzarella gets added a bit later -

ypN2en2.jpg

kFhV6SM.jpg

And dinner is ready to be served with a side salad and garlic bread -

eJux7HL.jpg

PbBzcnL.jpg

2TWhehS.jpg

These turned out excellent and the Zucchini version was just as good as the Eggplant Rollatini. They're easy to make and not easy to stop eating. :biggrin1:

Highly recommended!

Thanks for checking in on tonight's Eggplant and Zucchini Rollatini dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

I'm in for some of the zuchini but hold the egg plant please. I don't know what it is but I just can't do egg plant.

so the gr beef is in the sauce, not the filling correct? I'm gonna try this, with a some zuch from the garden. I'm thinking italian sausage for the gr beef, only change. Sound about right?

so the gr beef is in the sauce, not the filling correct? I'm gonna try this, with a some zuch from the garden. I'm thinking italian sausage for the gr beef, only change. Sound about right?

Correct, Tom. It's just a meat sauce. We had leftover frozen Taco filling and I added it to the tomato sauce. Totally optional and a plain tomato sauce would work fine.

Sausage sounds like a great substitution.

Looks good to me. Of course, I'd like about four times the sauce. I've got both eggplant and zucchini growing. Eggplants are forming fruits but seems too hot for the squash to set any fruits. Tomatoes ares struggling as well.

I'm nodding my head reading this - sounds delicious. I thought about a slice of prosciutto inside each roll, mimicking braciola, but that might throw the flavor off.
It looks delicious!

This is perfect for when zucchini comes out of the garden in droves.

Back