THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gtsum

Babbling Farker
Cooked up a couple racks of spares I got from
Creekstone awhile back and did one S&P and the other Oakridge Secret Weapon. 300 degrees for about 3 hours on the M1 with a mix of white oak and hickory. Naked the whole way and lightly glazed with Killer Hogs Vinegar sauce at the end.

My pics suck, but the ribs were killer. Juicy and tender. Difference in these and commodity ribs from Costco, etc is quite large.... similar when comparing prime beef to select beef imo. Wife and I couldn’t pick a winner between the two...will have to try again I guess:). Have a great weekend!

1130ba0dc7a87a03651c2b610179aa1e.jpg
270cceb22a0ae2549a4438c072f2d3e3.jpg
18df1bf6c3af079c3f1c64acc4e78fc4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Poor guy, can't decide so you're going to have to keep eating outstanding ribs until you pick a favorite:Cry:
I ordered some a while back and was blown away by how good they were. I'm going to use the rest in a comp in a couple of weeks, so I hope the judges like them as much. Those look great and you can see how moist they are. Nicely done!!

Looks great! Dare I say, perfect??
I cooked up my first rack of Creekstone last weekend and I TOTALLY agree, the flavor and the texture is far superior to the local grocery. Kind of a bummer since now my pork costs went up indefinitely :shock: I am very partial to S&P, and I keep trying to find something else. This time was Honey Hog rub, but still I'd tip toward S&P.
Gotta ask, did you find a lot of bone fragments on your rack? I had a real hard time finding all of them on mine. They were kind of everywhere and that had me pretty concerned someone would eat one. Hoping this is not normal for Creekstone.

I haven’t had an issue with bone pieces and I’ve had numerous racks from creekstone. Hopefully it was a one off thing for you? They are so juicy and flavorful, I don’t see a need to wrap during cooking. My M1 likes to run at 300 or so so that’s where I cook and the results have been great. I did spritz these ribs with acv/water mix after an hour (about every 30 minutes or whenever I added another log).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ll have to have 3 of each to give a final decision...

Killer looking ribs!

I just cooked my first CS rack and no bone chips.

I might add..if you like S&P...try Q-salt. I did a three rub...rack shoot out a year ago...one of which was Q-salt...and everyone liked it the best. Sorry didnt do just a S&P.

Back