Drums, Chorizo and Lasagna

Stingerhook

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Marty
So Saturday started out with me leaving the house @ 4:20 to go to work for a while. On the way back around 10:00 stopped at the local Brazilian store and picked up some drums and chorizo.
Drums seasoned up 1 side with "OBR Cajun Bayou Rub"

cSZ8jCN.jpg

Here is the package of chorizo I picked up

KD4l2o8.jpg

The crew at Nellie's job asked if she could bring in some lasagna, the ingredients

XaPCTMO.jpg

And the meats

MMk1qqM.jpg

Nellie decided to buy lunch so the "Fish Shack" it was for a shrimp and scallop burger

cE3dafK.jpg

Came back home and browned the meats and everyone went into the pot to simmer for about 5 hours and the steep overnight to develope the flavor more

SugxtMn.jpg

Started out today with a pre-sunrise walk at one of the local parks and the off to breakfast and a ham and cheddar omelette

acAT4nl.jpg

Then it was my idea the we stop for donuts for the work crew since they have all been swamped due to the new Batman movie, sans a couple for the house

qmMg9Cg.jpg

Stopped by the beach to see what was happening, not a fit day to be swimming

EB1YYHb.jpg

Got home and started putting together the lasagna

IGWaFaw.jpg

Ready to go into the fridge to firm up

ISUauQi.jpg

Put the lasagna in the oven and the chicken on the 18"

zwMvGN7.jpg

Drums are done

BW7Ii06.jpg

Time for the chorizo

4DpSrVD.jpg

And it's done

1XhJ6Jk.jpg

Drums and chorizo are for during the week

Lasagna is out of the oven for a rest. Can someone tell me how to keep the top layer of noodles from curling?

9JUhEg9.jpg

Sliced up for dinner, not the best looking but it sure am good

XDFZR8e.jpg

Thanks for looking

That was a fine day all around Marty!

Heavier meat and cheese layer on top keeps ours down.

I need a vacation. You got a room at your place. That’s a fine weekend of sights and food all the way around. It’s amazing how if we all take in the sights every once in a while, it makes everything (including the food) just that much better. Thanks for sharing!

I missed this last weekend because I was at a comp, but if I had known that lasagna was involved, I would have made time to drool over this.
Now, to answer your question:
How to keep the noodles from curling?
Take away their brooms.

Back