Drum Smoker for Operation BBQ Relief

Well after a great weekend with some old friends and making some new ones at the Friends of OBR fundraiser this past Saturday in Lousville KY, the OBR drum that my wife and I built, sold at auction for $1,000.00.

Over the whole weekend, $27,000 was raised to give to Operation BBQ Releif to help feed the people in need during disasters. In the past two years, Friends of OBR has raised over $55,000 for our charity.

If you want to know more about Operation BBQ Relief,or donate, please go to their web site at WWW.OperationBBQRelief.org 100% of all donations go to feeding the people in the area affected by disaster.

(mod's. if any of this is a violation of the rules, please edit accordingly)

I was wondering,
Doesn't the wrap used for the barrel burn or melt then the fire is on??
This could be a good idea if if does not burn, and use instead of painting.

EG

I'm proud to be the owner of this beautiful smoker and it's sitting in my living room. A big thanks to Frank & Debbie for the donation and being part of a great weekend.

I was wondering,
Doesn't the wrap used for the barrel burn or melt then the fire is on??
This could be a good idea if if does not burn, and use instead of painting.

EG

According to the 3M rep, with a cooking temp of 250°, the wrap should be fine. Above that, ???????

I'm proud to be the owner of this beautiful smoker and it's sitting in my living room. A big thanks to Frank & Debbie for the donation and being part of a great weekend.

Thanks so much Pappy for putting on such a GREAT event. You and your lovely wife are awesome.
Also, thanks for helping Operation BBQ Relief out by being so generous in bidding on this. Many people in need will benefit form this and all the other auction items sold.

www.operationbbqrelief.org

Back