THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MMMM looking good. I have taken some of my hind quarters to Stepniak"s in Hop Bottom before. They require them left whole with the bone. They cure, smoke, chip and vac pac it. Stuff is awesome. I have to keep it hidden else it will disappear on me.

Ok , didn't get it sliced and I couldn't wait to try it.

So I go out my super sharp knife.

I don't want to brag, but it is perfect.
Super dry just like I wanted.
You can see how dry it is by the way the meat is cracked.

Great for sos or just to snack on.

Man, now that looks great! I really need to give this a shot. I will be hunting turkey day through saturday so I hope to fill the freezer and give this a go. Great job and thanks for the updates.

Man, now that looks great! I really need to give this a shot. I will be hunting turkey day through saturday so I hope to fill the freezer and give this a go. Great job and thanks for the updates.

Thanks man. It took a long time to do thou. About 33 hours at 190. But worth it.

Great Adam! I have a deer in the freezer from a few weeks ago and am heading to ohio on Sunday for opening day of gun season Monday. I kept the hams whole so this sounds like a good option for at least one of them. Question: are going the vacuum seal and store in freezer?

Yup. Vac seal and freeze.

I deboned and once boned you will see different muscles. I then separated the muscles. That's how I got the chunks.

THIS makes all the work worth it.

Shaved on the #1 setting on my hobart slicer.

Hard to tell but it is THIN.

Back