THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks all, I did not get a chance to fire up the smoker this weekend due to an allergic reaction to shell fish. Spent 5 hrs in the ER Saturday night. Man I don't wish that on anyone. Feelin a lot better today but not up to grilling. I will give the pecan chips a go next weekend.

I personally think that every family pack of chicken should come with a chunk of pecan wood.

Sorry about the shellfish, hope you are feeling well.

Pecan is good, a lot like hickory, but a bit milder. But the best ever is cherry. Gives a gorgeous color, and the TASTE!! Amazing!

Hello Brethern,

Looking for advise on using Peacan and what meats go well with it. I picked up a bag of chips at Cabelas and want to try it out this weekend (Western). I am thinking chicken would be a safe and cheap first time use experiment. Sad to say I have never used pecan before. I have read a lot of post here that many many folks swear by it so I am going to try it out. All tips and recommendation are appreciated.

Will be curious what the O/P thinks of pecan... Personally, I can't stand pecan - same way some don't care for mesquite (which I really like). All subjective I suppose.

Carry on - nothing to see here. :wink:

Oh yeah... .forgot to add. Every stick of pecan I've stacked in the woodpile was a haven for wood boring ants - piles of sawdust everywhere.

Again, just my personal experience and taste.

Back