Roll Call. Inside 30 days. DO AC Atlantic City BBQ Championship - 10/3 - 10/5

Are there any "fire marshall" issues?

I seem to remember last year pre-competition people were concerned about it.

were in.. but no hotel.. block was booked up when we called. outside the block its $899 a night(no thats not a typo).

one would think that if they are making us show up a day early, they would allocate enough rooms, at least for friday.

Hmm....can't imagine why they're all going out of business! I'd rather take my chances sleeping on Maryland Avenue down there. What a joke!

were in.. but no hotel.. block was booked up when we called. outside the block its $899 a night(no thats not a typo).

one would think that if they are making us show up a day early, they would allocate enough rooms, at least for friday.

Don't forget the Mallomars!

Borgata is $330 a night (average), and probably nicer. :becky:

Harrahs (right across the street from the Nugget) is $177 Friday night, $277 Saturday night, $69 Sunday night. Not that it is cheap, but cheaper than $899!

How does one get a fire extinguisher tagged -- visit a local fire station??

It's probably different in different states. In RI there are dealers that are licensed by the state to inspect and test extinguishers. One near me makes most of their money by supplying and maintaining extinguishers for commercial buildings that are required to have them, but you can walk in with a unit off the street and they will inspect and tag it for $10.

In RI, units over 5 years old can't be visually inspected, they must be tested. The dealer told me they could test it, but it would be cheaper to buy a new unit at Home Depot and have them tag it, so that's what I did.

I want to test if my spray box (which holds 15 gallons) will have enough pump pressure to use with a Triton portable hot water heater.

I will have the spray box at my site in AC if anyone wants to check it out. It has a Marine pump on it with pretty good pressure and good water capacity.

Last edited:
I want to test if my spray box (which holds 15 gallons) will have enough pump pressure to use with a Triton portable hot water heater.

I will have the spray box at my site in AC if anyone wants to check it out. It has a Marine pump on it with pretty good pressure and good water capacity.

We use a submersible sump pump with our Triton when running water isn't available. Works great as long as you have a couple of full buckets ready. We always have buckets, for this purpose and canopy tie downs.

As always, we like the low key approach. :becky:

10 gallons fresh water, 15 gallons gray water, 4 bay stainless steel sinks, RV "on demand" water pump, 6 gallon RV hot water heater.

If you are willing to haul some replacement cold water over to the site, we can give you hot water in return.

Attachments

• P1010614_3.JPG
    P1010614_3.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 96
  • P1010616_1.JPG
    P1010616_1.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 96

I would think it would, we get 50 PSI from out pump, and that should be similar. We have water pressure gauges if you want to borrow to check. (We use them to make sure inlet pressure isn't too high at a contest when we run the sinks from contest water. It often is.)

10 gallons fresh water, 15 gallons gray water, 4 bay stainless steel sinks, RV "on demand" water pump, 6 gallon RV hot water heater.

If you are willing to haul some replacement cold water over to the site, we can give you hot water in return.

Nice set-up! All you are missing is the dishwasher :biggrin1:

Looking forward to seeing you there

• Thanks
Reactions: CBQ

Thanks for sharing! Might take you up on that offer if so! Ha! Very cool set up there.

• Thanks
Dr. Pearl is still deciding on this one. Do they allow vehicles to remain within your site so long as you don't move?

I guess Dr. Pearl HAS to do this now. I assume there are still spots open. Going to register today. Hope to see ya'll in AC.

• Thanks
Back