Discussion Thread -> "Whole Chicken!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

^ :laugh:

My name is Speckles Scrambledore and did I lay a good egg for YOU! :wink:

smiley-fart006.gif

I'm out...

Evidently I beat my Olive:thumb:go figga.
I'm blind as well

Dang, I missed all the fun here. (Still trying to recover)

My inquiry into this poultry play is this:
A game hen is not a chicken. Nether is a duck, but both have all the required parts listed in the special rules.
Are they in or out?
I'm thinking Jed just wants our chicken recipes to use over in France 'cuz they don't know how to cook over there.
:wink::wink::wink:

Actually, a game hen is a small chicken breed to develop a large breast at a young age.

Dang, I missed all the fun here. (Still trying to recover)

My inquiry into this poultry play is this:
A game hen is not a chicken. Nether is a duck, but both have all the required parts listed in the special rules.
Are they in or out?
I'm thinking Jed just wants our chicken recipes to use over in France 'cuz they don't know how to cook over there.
:wink::wink::wink:

The category is "Whole chicken", not whole poultry, so no duck.

I'll let Jed weigh in on the game hen. As dadsr4 mentioned, it is a hybrid chicken.

From Wikipedia...

In the United States, a Cornish game hen, also sometimes called a Cornish hen, poussin, Rock Cornish hen, or simply Rock Cornish, is a hybrid chicken sold whole. Despite the name, it is not a game bird. Rather, it is a broiler chicken, the most common strain of commercially raised meat chickens. Though the bird is called a "hen", it can be either male or female. A cornish hen typically commands a higher price per pound than typically sold chickens, despite a shorter growing span of 28 to 30 days, as opposed to 42 or more for regular chicken.

The Rock Cornish game hen or Rock Cornish hen is a cross between the Cornish Game and Plymouth or White Rock chicken breeds.[1] This breed develops a large breast over a short period of time compared to game hens.[1] Rock Cornish game hens weigh about 2.5 pounds after four to six weeks, at which time they are slaughtered.[1]

Back