THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Made some lollipops... I'm not a purist so they were marinated with a peri-peri/creole fusion blend of spices and some moonshine. Smoked over pecan then moved to in-direct high heat. They were spectacular!!

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332-1.jpg

IMG_0337-1.jpg

IMG_0340-1.jpg

IMG_0344-1.jpg

Please accept the below as my official entry into the Throwdown.

IMG_4478-2.jpg

Piernitas de Pollo Marinadas y Elote

This is my entry into the "Legs!" Throwdown.

I shop at a local Mexican Market nearly every week. I've purchased this chicken there a few times and it’s really tasty but has very little heat to it.

I recreated here with just a little heat to spice it up. Here are most of the ingredients for the marinate I used:

And here is the recipe:
1 tbsp. Granulated onion
1 tbsp. Ground pepper
1 tbsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Ground ginger
1/2 tsp. Achiote powder
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp. Chipotle Pepper
4 cloves garlic (Minced)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp. EVOO
1 tbsp. Malt vinegar
1 tbsp. Catsup
And some raw onion and cilantro and the end.

I mixed everything up in a large bowl and dumped in the chicken legs and 2 thighs and mixed it all up for even coverage. Bagged it up with some onion and cilantro for a rest before grilling.

Now on the grill with some corn on the cob.

After 10 minutes I flipped everything.

After it was up to temp I plated it up with some elote, a nice cerveza and some fruit that the wife insisted I include.

Please use the picture below as my polling photo.

Oh sooo delicious! :becky:

Thanks for looking.

The entire cook thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231850

Back