THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is an entry!

Grilled Ribeye with Sautéed Spinach and Mushrooms and Hasselbeck Potato

Nothing says backyard BBQ and Independence Day to me as much as a nice grilled steak.

I started with a couple of ribeyes that were a little over an inch thick.

16140105383_eab629dd87_b.jpg

I coated the steaks with a little olive oil and I tried a new steak rub...

16760042205_c3775467c2_b.jpg

I let the steaks rest on the counter with the rub on them while I fired up the grill and got the potatoes baking.

I started the mushrooms sautéing. Next I put the steaks on and added the spinach to the mushrooms. I grilled the steaks over direct heat for 5 minutes a side. When I was uploading the pictures I realized that I failed to get an action shot of the food on the grill :doh:

Once the steaks were done I let them rest and then plated everything...

16758977032_2d2894f940_b.jpg

Please use this picture ^^^^ for the vote thread.

I like the Code3 Grunt Rub, but I may go a little heavier with it next time.

Welllllllll...........crappola:oops:! Just like me to be a day late and a dollar short. Putting together an entry that I thought would be great for this one. That is ok though, I kind of had the rules of this throwdown mixed up with the rules of the "Happy" throwdown, so I guess I will post it there.:-D

Keep on Qing all,

KC

Back