Discussion Thread -> "I'd Hit That!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

My first throwdown entry!

I've been lurking in the TD thread for about a month and have been impressed with the skill and creativity everyone has shown. When I saw this week's topic, I knew exactly what I was making. So here we go.

Bacon cut into small pieces
IMAG0042_zpsf9fb0608.jpg

Add some scrambled eggs
IMAG0044_zps7e6815f2.jpg

Flip once and add some cheese
IMAG0046_zps6cd170db.jpg

Oh btw, we've got hashbrowns
IMAG0047_zps71ac9ca6.jpg

So we currently have a bacon and cheese omelette and hashbrowns.
IMAG0048_zpsdbcc0876.jpg

But now we have to build :-D
IMAG0050_zps39174cf9.jpg

IMAG0053_zps2c54edc5.jpg

IMAG0054_zpsae168491.jpg

IMAG0055_zpsf7a90e66.jpg

Please use this as my official entry photo:
IMAG0056_zps39845260.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Please accept this as my official entry into the "I'd Hit That" TD.

Not much of a cook thread, no kitchen still for over a month now. Lots of great meals from the cabana kitchen though.

Here are a couple of nice thick bone in chops, I rubbed mine with mustard and cajun red fish seasoning and Thalia's is rubbed with Montreal Steak seasoning. Hot and fast for some color that wrapped and rested. Nice and juicy fer shire.

My polling pic if you please, I did hit this HARD! Plated with bacon and beer cabbage, with mustard seed. Was a winner

Thanks for looking!

Jed

Gumbo

Please accept this official entry in the I'd Hit That! Throwdown

Started by smoking up Kielbasa in the GMG with added smoke from the A-Maze-N Pellet smoker - Mesquite
Made up the chicken Broth while the sausage was smoking and chopped up the peppers, onions, celery, okra.
Layered the sausage and chicken in the pot while making the roux to a nice chocolate brown.
Added the veggies to the meat and then the hot roux on top. Then stirred in the hot broth.
Bring to a boil and add shrimp.

A few minutes later it is ready!
View attachment 103448

This was very good and we will be making more!

Thanks for lookin!

Last edited:

Started by smoking up Kielbasa in the GMG with added smoke from the A-Maze-N Pellet smoker - Mesquite
Made up the chicken Broth while the sausage was smoking and chopped up the peppers, onions, celery, okra.
Layered the sausage and chicken in the pot while making the roux to a nice chocolate brown.
Added the veggies to the meat and then the hot roux on top. Then stirred in the hot broth.

View attachment 103448

Thanks for lookin!
What's up with this? You go all NOLO on us now? :razz: Love it !

Please accept this as my entry into the "I'd Hit That" Throwdown.

My brother had come out from Oklahoma for a weeks vacation and he along with my other brothers went fishing and caught limits of Dorado.
(Also known as Mahi Mahi but in Mexico they are call Dorado)

Here are a few pics.

On Friday I cleaned the Dorado.

Now I took some of the fillets and cut them to size. Sprinkled on a generous amount of Tajin seasoning and placed them on the kamado. It was approximately 400 degrees. I let them go for approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. (You don’t want to overcook them)

Cut the pieces up into taco size pieces.

And made one of the best fish tacos I’ve ever had. (Fresh tortillas, fresh Dorado, fresh cut cabbage, fresh Pico de Gallo, Mexican cheese, White sauce and Tapatio Hot sauce ) Please use the picture below as my polling photo.

Oh Yum!

Here is a link to the entire cook thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199588

I'd hit that! I got seasick though....like I've done before! Thanks for the tutorial on how to skin and filet em!

I've been lurking in the TD thread for about a month and have been impressed with the skill and creativity everyone has shown. When I saw this week's topic, I knew exactly what I was making. So here we go.

Bacon cut into small pieces
IMAG0042_zpsf9fb0608.jpg

Add some scrambled eggs
IMAG0044_zps7e6815f2.jpg

Flip once and add some cheese
IMAG0046_zps6cd170db.jpg

Oh btw, we've got hashbrowns
IMAG0047_zps71ac9ca6.jpg

So we currently have a bacon and cheese omelette and hashbrowns.
IMAG0048_zpsdbcc0876.jpg

But now we have to build :-D
IMAG0050_zps39174cf9.jpg

IMAG0053_zps2c54edc5.jpg

IMAG0054_zpsae168491.jpg

IMAG0055_zpsf7a90e66.jpg

Please use this as my official entry photo:
IMAG0056_zps39845260.jpg

Thanks for looking!

The mother of all breakfast sammies! I'd hit that!

Please accept this as my official entry into the "I'd Hit That" TD.

Not much of a cook thread, no kitchen still for over a month now. Lots of great meals from the cabana kitchen though.

Here are a couple of nice thick bone in chops, I rubbed mine with mustard and cajun red fish seasoning and Thalia's is rubbed with Montreal Steak seasoning. Hot and fast for some color that wrapped and rested. Nice and juicy fer shire.

My polling pic if you please, I did hit this HARD! Plated with bacon and beer cabbage, with mustard seed. Was a winner

Thanks for looking!

Jed

I'd hit that! I'm digging the cabbage too! Love me a Emeril recipe!

Last edited:

View attachment 103448

Thanks for lookin!

Oh yeah! I'd hit that!

Here are some baked beans I made the other day. I used pork trimmings that I smoked for an hour, then sliced thin before adding it to the bean pot in place of uncooked bacon.
Please use this photo.
Beans_zps6ad9ec4b.jpg

I'd hit that! Diggin that bean pot too!

I am starting to think Bob is a bit of a slut when it comes to food. He'd hit anything.

Sorry if this should be in the other thread, but he's doing all the hitting over here...

I don't discriminate! Equal opportunity Food Hitter! :-D

Come on, Folks. Still some time left. Hit it!

BOB

Back