Discussion Thread -> "Chops!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

My First Throwdown

Please accept the following as my entry:
Most of the spices came from my from the garden
picture.php

Rosemary, Ginger, Paprika, Cayenne, Celery Seed, Rubbed Sage
picture.php

Thick cut, Bone-in, Pork Loin Chops! Sorry about the glare.
picture.php

Seasoned
picture.php

Vacuum packed with a little olive oil (to help dissolve the oils in the herbs) and a tiny splash of cider vinegar to help it penetrate. let it sir 48 hours.
picture.php

After a grill on the kamado @450 degrees
picture.php

Please use the following photo as my picture for the vote.
picture.php

This is my entry into The Never Ending Pork Chop Throwdown...

Oh wait... :becky:

This is my entry in the Chops! Throwdown...

Some of you out there are old enough to remember the Never Ending Pork Chop Throwdown. It happened back when I was just a young whippersnapper, way back in 2011!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114390

For that TD I entered a beautiful pork chop with a Sweet Lucy Mustard Glaze...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1764045&highlight=lucy#post1764045

Unfortunately, because that TD never ended, the judges never got to vote for my entry.

So... Now that we are in the modern era of 2014, I have recreated this classic entry and, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...

The Son of Grilled Pork Chop with Sweet Lucy Mustard Glaze!

:becky:

It all started with a couple of nice, thick pork chops. I brushed them with a little olive oil and then hit them with some sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, poultry seasoning and a little ancho chile powder.

14290275279_bab88fb1c5_c.jpg

I left them rest on the counter for about 20 minutes while the Saber grill came up to temp and I grill them for about 6 minutes on each side, with a 90 degree turn half way through...

14290297170_3b45141cac_c.jpg

While they rested, I made the glaze. I used dijon this time because that was what I had on hand.

Sweet Lucy Dijon Mustard Glaze

3 T Butter
1 t minced garlic
1/4 C dijon mustard
2 T packed brown sugar
3 T Sweet Lucy
1 1/2 t Worcestershire
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a sauce pan and sauté the garlic for about 1 minute. add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk until smooth. bring to a boil and boil for about a minute to cook off the alcohol.

This time around I decided to serve this as a sauce rather than a glaze.

14290297030_4e0e116f80_c.jpg

Please use the picture above as my entry picture.

I hope that this TD actually ends and the judges have a chance to vote for my chop!

:thumb:

Hello throwdown family. I've been missing you. Here is my official chop entry.

Smoked Chops Jack Daniel's Style

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2964920#post2964920

I'm torn on the official entry photo but I think I'll go with this one.

I was thinking this one.

Can I change my mind? I know I'm being difficult but I've not been here for awhile so you will just have to deal with it :drama:

Thanks for looking.

Chops TD

I would like to present my Chops TD cook. Pork loin chops BI, lamb shoulder chops, lamb loin chops BI. Some cob on the grill and apple wood chips for smoke (not shown in pics). All meat cooked med rare.

Last edited:
Buzz... This is a regular, weekly TD, not a monthly Special TD, so you can only use one entry. Please indicate which one you would like to use before the TD ends. If you don't, Chris will choose one for you.

Can I change my mind? I know I'm being difficult but I've not been here for awhile so you will just have to deal with it :drama:

Sure you can change your mind :-D But you have to do so before the TD ends. Right now I'm confused as to which picture you want us to use.

Buzz... This is a regular, weekly TD, not a monthly Special TD, so you can only use one entry. Please indicate which one you would like to use before the TD ends. If you don't, Chris will choose one for you.

Hi Ron. Sorry if I didn't make this clear. My second post with the single picture should have been used for my TD entry, as I stated "please accept this as my official TD entry". Sorry for the confusion. Buzz

Hi Ron. Sorry if I didn't make this clear. My second post with the single picture should have been used for my TD entry, as I stated "please accept this as my official TD entry". Sorry for the confusion. Buzz

Yeah, that wasn't clear. Both posts read like they are entries...

I would like to present my Chops TD cook. Pork loin chops BI, lamb shoulder chops, lamb loin chops BI. Some cob on the grill and apple wood chips for smoke (not shown in pics). All meat cooked med rare.

Please accept this as my official TD entry--- pork loin chop BI, lamb loin chop BI, fresh cut green beans with almonds and bacon, homemade mashed potatoes, and grilled cob. Enjoy!

It would be less confusing if everything was in one post and you had "This is my entry", or something similar, at the top, and then identified which picture you want to use. Having multiple posts, each looking like an entry is confusing.

Back