CyberQ Cloud vs Auber WIFI

Decoy205

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
John
I have a half pint and an akorn. I really love the WiFi option to control things and was going to get the cyberq cloud but then I saw the Auber WiFi.

Any opinions on the Auber? It seems the cyberq gets good ratings but it’s a little more than the Auber. I do like the Auber app it seems well designed.

They both have ball valve adaptors and I can use either on both cookers.

Any input is appreciated!!

-John

No experience w/ the Auber. But I can tell you that the Cyber Q is great. And that the customer support from BBQ Guru has been fantastic. You’ll be happy with the Cyber Q.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No experience w/ the Auber. But I can tell you that the Cyber Q is great. And that the customer support from BBQ Guru has been fantastic. You’ll be happy with the Cyber Q.

Thanks Kevin. One thing i was wondering is would I have an issue with the WiFi distance? Does it have a good range?

I have two aubers, they work great:

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_27&products_id=653

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_28&products_id=702

My main goal was to get a controller for my Smokin it electric smoker. I decided to stick with one interface and got the Auber for my charcoal smoker too. They work as advertised. They don’t have the marketing as some of the others, but they have been doing this a very long time and have a lot of precision based products.

I have had a BBQ Guru Cyber Q for 9 years or so. It is build like a tank and got rained on more than once. It does not have wifi, nor is it made anymore. I would not hesitate to buy any of their other products.

Buddy of mine has the Auber and is pretty happy with it. I use Auber products extensively in my home brewery, they are quality components. He chose to go with the BBQ Pit Viper over the fan that Auber sells since it is more flexible with mounting options. In your case, you could buy a pit viper with the NPT adapter. I don't think it has cloud storage which to me is a limitation. My house configuration is such that I can lose bluetooth connectivity to my cooker during a cook.

I just recently acquired a fireboard primarily for temperature monitoring. I wanted 6 probes to monitor the pit temps and I wanted something that was rock solid and stable e.g. wifi not bluetooth connectivity and cloud storage. I just got it yesterday morning and my initial impressions are it is smaller and a little cheap feeling. I think one fall onto the pavement could cause serious damage. It is super easy to use and I had it registered and connected to the internet in less than 5 minutes. I have a Yoder Pellet Oven and a Mixon H2O so I have no need for a blower fan. The Fireboard can control an external fan as well, it is worth looking at.

Good luck
Chris

Thanks for the responses all. It seems like I can go with either and be happy. @ChrisL when you say you don’t think it has cloud storage do you mean that you can’t save your cooks in the app?

Thanks Kevin. One thing i was wondering is would I have an issue with the WiFi distance? Does it have a good range?

My smokers are 60-70’ from my WiFi unit which is in the house - so behind 1 brick wall and a outside wooden bar - I get a “good” signal strength but not “excellent “. Never had a problem.

I would say that if your phone (or any other device you have) has WiFi signal at your smoker then you’re good to go

Flame Boss is another viable option. Mine has been great and customer service is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My CyberQ is about 100 feet from the house. I bought a NetGear wifi extender and put it in a window that faces the smoker. I haven't had any issues with connectivity with that setup.

I started with the regular Guru and upgraded to the CyberQ. I still keep the old one around in case something happens, but both worked flawlessly for me.

My smokers are 60-70’ from my WiFi unit which is in the house - so behind 1 brick wall and a outside wooden bar - I get a “good” signal strength but not “excellent “. Never had a problem.

I would say that if your phone (or any other device you have) has WiFi signal at your smoker then you’re good to go

Thanks the phone test might work. That’s helpful.

My CyberQ is about 100 feet from the house. I bought a NetGear wifi extender and put it in a window that faces the smoker. I haven't had any issues with connectivity with that setup.

I started with the regular Guru and upgraded to the CyberQ. I still keep the old one around in case something happens, but both worked flawlessly for me.

Good to know. I may have to get the extended.

This is touch choice it seems like a lot of folks use the guru but not too many use the Auber.

Flame Boss is another viable option. Mine has been great and customer service is top notch.

My Flame Boss is garbage. I've had four bad probes in the 1.5 years I've had it.

12 cooks with it, and maybe 3 or 4 successful with in. The others had probe issues, where I had to remove the flame boss and do it the old fashion way.

Another cook last night where I had my replacement-replacement probe stop working. Then the meat probe quit working too. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

My Flame Boss is garbage. I've had four bad probes in the 1.5 years I've had it.

12 cooks with it, and maybe 3 or 4 successful with in. The others had probe issues, where I had to remove the flame boss and do it the old fashion way.

Another cook last night where I had my replacement-replacement probe stop working. Then the meat probe quit working too. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Wow. That really sucks. What does Flame Boss say about it?

Wow. That really sucks. What does Flame Boss say about it?

In their defense, they have been willing to send out two replacement probes to me, on two separate occasions. I have not contacted them yet as my other two failures were just yesterday afternoon.

I'm honestly just tired of messing with it. :rolleyes:

In their defense, they have been willing to send out two replacement probes to me, on two separate occasions. I have not contacted them yet as my other two failures were just yesterday afternoon.

I'm honestly just tired of messing with it. :rolleyes:

I’ve had two pit probes go bad, which they replaced, although I’d rather the probes not go bad.

Saw some less than happy campers with the flameboss so I took that one out of the running. I went ahead with the Auber even though I like the adapters better on the guru. One because it’s a tad cheaper 2 because the only real review I saw was on Amazing ribs. I’ll post it up when I get it this week and maybe have something cookin over the weekend.

I did not know about the Auber Wifi!!! I got a Auber temp controller a few years ago and it works great. Zero complaints. I even used my own fans and had issues getting it to work and the guys at their customer service helped me get it to work with their system. They were very helpful. The old one did not have a varitable speed option but this Wifi Unit does.......The Cyber Q to the best of my knowledge does not have a fan speed options....it is just on or off.
The Flameboss os more comparable to this Auber Wifo than the Cyber Q. I will be buying this to go with my custom Gravity Smoker that I'm having built.

Last edited:
Back