THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

archer75

Found some matches.
I'm looking at the flameboss 500 or cyberq cloud. Does anyone have experience with these two?
I've seen comparisons of older models for both but was hoping someone's had experience with the newer models.

I want wifi and the ability to accurately control temp in a WSM.

I'm also open to suggestions for other products.
Looks like thermoworks has a signal/bellows controller/fan setup. And there's fireboard of course.

Last edited:
I have the cyberq cloud, and I’m very happy. The initial setup was a pain, mainly due to forgetting my WiFi password. But everything else has been great!! I don’t use that graphing stuff bc, honestly I don’t care. It all runs through the internet, so no worries if you’re across town. BBQ guru has a video on almost everything you’d want to know, so I haven’t had to call them. Overall I would definitely buy again.

I have a Flame Boss 300 and 500. They are both great. I bought a party q for my PBC for when I want to run it overnight or will be gone for extended periods of time and it works really well. I kinda feel like the 500 would be overkill for a WSM, so that is why I got my party q. Good luck!

Did you have to buy the cable and the fan? The cable seems way overpriced.

Had the fan already from an auber instruments controller.

I got the fireboard before they added the fan option.

The price of the dongle to add the fan is a tough pill to swallow. At least I was able to split up the cost, so it wasn’t as hard of a pill to swallow.

Had the fan already from an auber instruments controller.

I got the fireboard before they added the fan option.

The price of the dongle to add the fan is a tough pill to swallow. At least I was able to split up the cost, so it wasn’t as hard of a pill to swallow.

I may sell my partyQ to offset the cost of the fan and cable.

I'm thinking the fireboard with a pit viper fan and weber adapter. A tad bit more expensive than other options but it seems like the fireboard has more features.

Going to order the weber soon, after I go through some of the mod threads to see what else I should get. I'll order the controller and fan next week.

I recently got a guru cyberq cloud for my WSM, I’m very happy with it. The interface is good. I like the charting just for record keeping purposes. Not sure if the flame boss has this feature but one feature I really like on the cyberq is that I can have it text me the current temp of each probe at any interval I want (I have it text me every 45 mins). I also happen to be lucky enough to live near the bbq guru headquarters so they were really great about walking me through everything and answering all my questions.

I have a CyberQ Cloud on a WSM and I really like it. Makes me more comfortable on overnight cooks since I’ll get notices of over/under temps. Heck, I’ve left town for a few hours and changed temps to adjust cook times fro the golf course, movies, etc. Nice to have.

0 Fireboard experience. But I hear they’re great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back