Country Style Ribs

kelbro

Name or Nickame
kelbro
I've had mixed results with the (boston butt) CSRs and I think that it may be due to the inconsistency in the size that you get when you buy them rather than slicing your own shoulder up. I usually try to get the smaller pieces into the braising pan when they start to get done but that takes a lot of opening/closing the lid.

Any other tips for more consistent CSRs?

Thanks

I smoke then braise & baptize. Have a pan of somewhat higher sugar (honey or sauce) then I start running them back and forth from the heat to the baptismal liquid. Controlling it till they're charred but not burnt. Some restaurants refer to these as Pork Strips on their menu. You can go several ways with your Baptism Sauce. Sweet, Savory, Honey, Mexican Cola etc. You can go savory garlic with peppers. Noodles, Rice, Tortillas I mean even just traditional seasoned and smoked to desired texture. I've been meaning to buy CSR's and a bottle of Wakkerswood Jerk sauce. Pretty cheap experiment.
Thanks for the reminder.

I knew a guy years ago that would have a booth at various County Fairs. He sold Ribs On A Stick. CSR smoked and served on a wooden skewer. He told me he had about 35 cents in cost per Ribs On A Stick and sold them for $4.

My only meaningful experience has been with buying whole and cutting my own. A typical butt cut into quarters like sticks of butter will be done in a similar amount of time as ribs in my smoker. It creates more surface area for rub and makes good pulled pork.

I've not tried Adams technique with the different flavors, but it sounds like a near religious experience.

My only meaningful experience has been with buying whole and cutting my own. A typical butt cut into quarters like sticks of butter will be done in a similar amount of time as ribs in my smoker. It creates more surface area for rub and makes good pulled pork.

I've not tried Adams technique with the different flavors, but it sounds like a near religious experience.

My favorite technique for shoulder, tons more surface area exposed to smoke creating copius bark-age. The shorter cook time works too!

Back