Comp'ish Butt and Wings

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Working on rotating out older food from the freezer and I have a few butts I had trimmed last year for a competition (the 1 or 2 we did a year). Instead of just normal pulled pork I think I'll work on getting some chunks and slices out of this one.

So thawed one over the last few days and meant to inject last night, but didn't get to that until about an hour before it went on this morning. Used some old caked up butchers, jumex peach nectar, some rub and hoisin.

This one had a really nice money muscle which is why I clearly picked it out
eTpxbetl.jpg

lWyYeHHl.jpg

lL8uYo3l.jpg

KdPnkzjl.jpg

Also have wings that will go on later.

Maybe in the butt wrap I'll add some booze so I can do that throw down. Isn't is called "disappointing people with bbq & booze" or something like that?? :biggrin1:.

Good times ahead. I am sure that you will sample the booze of choice several times throughout the day to make sure that it is still fresh, besides, it's quite chilly today and you need all the warmth you can get.

You said “sauce getting ready” but didn’t you mean “I’m getting ready to get sauced!”

#askinferafriend

Looks killer Jason!

Don't make me look in the mirror :twitch:

Oddly last night was just time getting away as I always blame my children :mrgreen:. I will say I enjoyed making the sauce and that might be the biggest takeaway.

Jason looks like you are going to be one happy cook!!! That was one fine money muscle and that sauce sounds fantastic. With wings an extra bonus!!!

Back