Competition Input to KCBS From Teams

Arlie does give good contests. Guitarbeque is always extremely well run.

arlieque said:
I often wonder why we have some many gray area's.

I wonder that too. But as long as the hair stays in, I don't care what color it is!

Arlie,

I will be glad to jump on that question.
Without going into the details, I was "at the top" of Army Aviation for 13 years before I retired.
We literally "made the rules" that folks around the world had to live with.
I will tell everyone right now--"be careful what you ask for, you might just get it"
icon_twisted.gif

There are people that just must "have a rule" for everything.
They can not accept the concept that "guidance" is totally preferable to "iron clad" rules.
The more you have rules for every possible contingency, the more everyone becomes a robot.

In the current hot topic around here-- "judges conduct"--common sense should prevail--not more rules.
Now that we have elevated our awareness to the potiential problems, they should never arise in the future IF folks just use their head and stay alert to what is happening.

We can get bogged down in the minute details--or we can just say "it will work fine" and move on. We can let it go if we want.

"Gray areas" are what Reps are for, God bless them and I do not envy their job!!!
But, human decision making, on the spot, is so much better than a 3 inch thick rule book. IMHO
icon_biggrin.gif

Been there, done that, except it was many volumns of conflicting "rules"
icon_twisted.gif

FWIW

TIM

Just chiming in.

utensils were in ALL the boxes in the Key largo judges tent. They were for serving, not eating with. i was always brought up with a serving spoon in the serving dishes.. and it is UNCOOL to lick the spoon and put it back in the serving dish.

Look at it this way.. Your next to me at the judges table. I eat the chicken, lick my fingers, eat the ribs, lick the fingers, then pork comes and stick those yummy sticky licked lotta times fingers into the pulled pork and pull out a portion. Then hand you the box to take some...

bet you wish i used a serving spoon dont ya.? :twisted: ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

BBQchef33 said:
Look at it this way.. Your next to me at the judges table. I eat the chicken, lick my fingers, eat the ribs, lick the fingers, then pork comes and stick those yummy sticky licked lotta times fingers into the pulled pork and pull out a portion. Then hand you the box to take some...

It happened.....and I picked from the other side.

Back