THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

azkeith

I tried a new product to clean my Weber Summit Charcoal grates. It's called The Sage Owl and it has various sized notches to fit the size of your grates. A little elbow grease and wipe with hot water and my grates have zero crud on them. I've stopped using brushes as I don't want to have them in the food. This tool takes a little more work, but in my opinion cleans better than a brush.

I have no affiliation, just bought it off Amazon and I'm impressed.

I have always sprayed my grates with Pam and then when I am done some soap and water with maybe a SS scrubbing pad. Easy Peasy I hate having to scratch the finish on the grates.

Son gave me a small electric pressure washer, throw them onto the glass picnic table and in just a few minutes they are clean, throw on the cooker crank temp up high to sanitize/dry and I'm done

Back