Chop-Top Weber Pizzakettle

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Got my inspiration from @varekai on this Weber pizza oven mod. Look away if the harming of kettles leaves you squeamish!

Two lids were sacrificed for this mod, I took one that had a missing handle and shaved it to fit inside the "P" 1993 Silver 3 wheeler. A double insulated lid-

Big Green Egg Large Pizza stone for now

Very happy with the results-heats up fast and raising the pies in the dome is a breeze. A few briqs under the stone helps it heat up nicely.

stay hungry my friends!

Chop-Top Pizzakettle V2 Total RED Domination!

Had a Redhead with "issues" and since V1 worked so well, I took the plunge with the trusty China Freight cut-off tool! Look away-you were warned!

door for pre heating

it gets HOT!

Even with the double insulated lid, it gets so hot that the 500* engine paint starts to fade.

Gotta work on my dough skillz now!

Nice jobs... I like it.
I have a spare lid I've been saving for a UDS that will probably never happen. Hmmmm.

Very creative!

I make a lot of pizza and I'm always working on my dough. Some day I'll get there.... :)

Brian,

That is awesome!! Did you use a grinder with a cutting wheel? Can you post of the cutting tool you used? I've used cutting wheel before and the enamel really flies! I can see where using the tape helps alleviate that issue. I have some extra kettles that I don't use much. I think this would make for a great project!!

Reusing the cut out with the magnets to make a door is genius!
Bob

Back