Catfish Acadiana or a version of…

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeffry
It’s been raining here in Tampa area off and on all day. So I decided to give the smokers a day off and do some cajun cooking. Fried up some wild caught Des Allemands catfish with a crawfish ( boiled and frozen at the house) cream and butter sauce, homemade bread, and fresh grown parsley. Louisiana fish fry for the little cats after a dredging in egg, dijon mustard and lemon juice. Butter and fresh garlic in the pan for a minute or two. Add the flour to make the roux. Mix for another 2 minutes and add white wine. Stir for a minute or two, then add milk. Whisk until combined. Added Malcom Reeds king claw seasoning, salt, pepper, hot sauce, and onion powder. Whisk to combine. Added half and half and simmered for about 7or 8 minutes. Added crawfish tails and simmered for another 5 minutes. Poured over pasta and fried catfish. Homemade bread was made the other day and toasted in the toaster oven with butter and dill.

Last edited:
You are going to have a big crowd because I'm on my way, too. That is an awesome looking cook! You had my attention with Cajun and catfish.

Back