THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Will Be the Category for the April All Month SPECIAL Throwdown?

• National Garlic Month

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Finger Foods

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Ham

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Shagdog and I thought it would be fun to involve you in the selection of the monthly Throwdowns!

Here’s the three choices we came up with:

• Cooked with Garlic (April is National Garlic Month!)
  • Finger Foods
  • Ham

The finalist will be announced Wednesday, March 31’st, and the Throwdown begins on Friday, April 2nd!

finger foods with ham and garlic :)

OT6V9Lq.gif

I like the idea of voting on the category, a nice change of pace and you can "pick your poison". Great job!

I like the idea of voting on the category, a nice change of pace and you can "pick your poison". Great job!

This is a very good idea. Is there going to be a "Throwdown Suggestion Box" thread where we can submit choices for you guys to pick from when making a Throwdown Choice thread like this one?

We thought it would be a nice change of pace to get members involved in the selection of the monthly Throwdowns, so glad you like it!

I'm going to start a "Throwdown Lounge"(or something like that) soon for general Throwdown banter. This would be a place for people to ask questions, share ideas, etc. So, this would certainly be a good environment to submit ideas for the monthlies as well. :thumb:

I find myself at a crossroad for my decision.

1. Garlic as its new and also to honor a national recognized category.
2. Finger Foods well because they are fun to make and delicious to eat.

I'm surprised ham is not getting more votes, with Easter coming.

Nonetheless, I voted for garlic, as we've never done it before and I think we'd see some interesting and creative entries!

I thought I'd be in the minority but love that there are a lot of fellow garlic fans.

If garlic wins, I may try to make some Puerto Rican Pernil again. Being a Polack, I've always said there is no such thing as too much garlic. This was the only dish I've ever made that both my son & I agreed, YES, there actually is too much garlic in here.

Love the idea to let people vote and submit ideas for the monthly throwdowns! I already have an idea for what I think would be an awesome throwdown.

while not an option, has there ever been a recreate your favorite "zero"

it would limit users who've received 0's on prior throw downs, but could be fun for us "Losers" to get a 2nd chance

not sure logistics (would we have to link to our original zero, I personally would go with an honor system)

We interrupt this poll for a special announcement!

The voters have spoken - National Garlic Month will be the April SPECIAL Throwdown!

I will create the entry thread tomorrow.

Back