Bullet Smokers ?

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Ain’t seen any posts in a while ? I need one for camping - WSMs done got too High $$ - esp for occasional use. Brinkmann Gourmet would’ve been my choice but Brinkmann went Belly Up a few years Ago………. Sucks cuz they were King of the Cheap Chit as in Pretty Decent for the Price…..

I could build another UDS but that’s a little too big n heavy to haul. Jumbo Joe n Tamale pot is a maybe…….

PBC on marketplace? Found one for $100 about 6 mo ago. Like new. Rarely use it… but nice to have when needed. The more recent porcelain enameled ones should last for years.

PBC on marketplace? Found one for $100 about 6 mo ago. Like new. Rarely use it… but nice to have when needed. The more recent porcelain enameled ones should last for years.

I’d buy a Used one but can’t swing $399 for a New one……..

yea I was thinking pcb too but price isn't great on any cooker these days. I got the barrel house (pcb knock off) for $90. I know it goes against the idea of camping but table top pellet cooker is compact if you have power. gotta find one of those wally clearance deals.

I say build the mini. it can double as a grill and if you do one so will i... we can bring back an old school trend

What about building a 30 gallon UDS? If I were buying one I would go with a Gateway 30gal but for only occasional use it is still too expensive.

What about building a 30 gallon UDS? If I were buying one I would go with a Gateway 30gal but for only occasional use it is still too expensive.

30 gallon drums Hard to find around here….. 100’s of 55 gallon to be had…….

Last edited:
Well PBC makes a 14" can. My only issue is not being able to shut the smoker down so the charcoal goes out and can be re-used. But a simple mod could allow you to close the bottom and plug upper vents. And being able to hang things easily is a plus.

On the other side of the coin a Smoky Joe tamale pot cooker (if you build a charcoal basket) allows for grilling and barbecuing.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/weber-smokey-joe-tall-boy-smoker.html

did they really knock off the old ECB? (el cheapo brinkmann)

those tin cans are probably the first smoking experience for many of us in the midwest

And the Southeast!

Had 3 of them through the years....Grill-yes. Smoke-yes. What more ya want?

Jumbo Joe n Tamale pot is a maybe…….

If that's the 18", the SS pots are expensive. I built one of each. Gave the 14" away to a new brethren at one of the bashes. The little 14" can cook more than 2 people can eat.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Made a lot of good food on the old cheap Brinkmans, never lifted the lid after loading it,no idea what temp it ran and didn't care lol. I would say the dynaglo is a step up looking at the vents to control the temps on the bottom

Good things come to those who wait. After patiently looking at the KC area Craigslist for several years, I finally located a 1995 model of an 18" WSM. Purchase price of $25.00! It was missing a fire-ring which I easily replaced with some expanded metal that I cut, formed into a circle and bolted the ends together. I have seen higher prices on newer models that ranged around the 150-200 dollar range.

Back