THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Thanks to SmittyJonz for the killer idea in another thread, I found a 1-person recipe for the Korean Army Base Stew on YouTube - YouTube Link.

Don't kid yourself... this is probably closer to 2 servings.. if not 3. :shock:

Put all the kids in the pot... that's the pork, spam, bacon, sliced Conecuh sausage, kimchi, baked beans, onions, garlic, gochujang, and (as I had no gochugaru) some New Mexico ground red chile.

LkB6N5tl.jpg

Added the beef broth base packet and veggies packet from a Shin Black ramen package... and 500+ml of water.

Xwil2d4l.jpg

Set the pot to boil for a solid 8 minutes. Gave it a quick stir.

Boiled for another 5 minutes with the lid off to reduce the liquid and strengthen the flavors.

Omcrg5tl.jpg

In went the ramen noodles. Gave them a minute or two, then topped them with 2 pieces of American Cheese.

UdRPrhFl.jpg

Finished cooking the ramen... total of about 5 minutes.

cLYSaOsl.jpg

Served up into 2 bowls. Quick green onion garnish.

u5AyxD4l.jpg

24TfcMCl.jpg

This is ridiculously good! I can see why Tony Bourdain would call it the king of "college food" or "bro food." It was spicy, but also rich.

42oPOxFl.jpg

I've been sitting on this idea for a good 2-3 years now. Thanks to Smitty for giving me the kick in the pants I needed to put it into practice!

Y'all have a great Sunday!

Last edited:
Yum, that + college football + beer = a perfect Saturday! Thanks for posting this Marc

This looks like an excellent idea.

It's turned me onto more ramen options (via YouTube) as of late, to be quite honest.

I had no idea that American Cheeze [sic] could do so much for the soup. Same with some minced garlic, and soon I need to try an egg poached in the soup pot.

Today for lunch, I used TanTanMen meat (seasoned & cooked ground pork) in Shin Black noodles & broth with minced garlic and American Cheeze [sic] and green onion garnish. Highly recommended and only about 8 minutes from start to sit-down & eat!

Have a great week!

I love putting slices of leftover brisket in the spicy gourmet flavored Shin noodles, but that’s about as adventurous as I get. Maybe I need to branch out more…

I love putting slices of leftover brisket in the spicy gourmet flavored Shin noodles, but that’s about as adventurous as I get. Maybe I need to branch out more…

I started doing this with leftover rib meat during the first Pandemic Spring. Family is a big fan. I'll need to try brisket, soon.

Also along these lines, folks should really try some Birria Ramen at their first opportunity!

Back