Bride cuts her eyes 👀.and says...

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
We've had beef a lot, cook some pork, please. And so it is on this wind swept day, me and Gnome are on the patio firing the drum for a salt capped pork picnic. Cowboy briquettes with about a tallboy size hickory split. My plans are to season the meat after the cook.
A thin Shack Sauce or similar. In a few hours may add a couple Nekkid Fatty,. Perhaps, maybe.

Last edited:
Adams, it looks great! Have you done the salt cap a lot? I have never tried that before.

My first time. Theory as I understand is it dries the cap whilst fat cap up. Then you remove the salt and flip fat cap down to make crispy pork skin to chop into your chopped pulled pork. Chuds BBQ video on YouTube. again my first time

Last edited:
Ok sitting about 191° internal. Skin is thumping like it's crunchy. Color is beautiful. Went back and watched the video. I failed to brush the skin with white vineyard I failed to mop. Anyway, is mine I own it. Who knows perhaps I'll be just fine without those steps. I plan to take it close to 200° internal, remove skin and wrap and hold the picnic for a few hours. Life's a dance boys and girls, a dance

Last edited:
The roast is awesome but I'm going to call fail on crunchy pig skin
Only about a fifth of it was crunchy edible. The rest was like an Edmond sole. Perhaps I have too much dental work and didn't want to stretch a bridge too far :)
One nice thing was when I pulled the fat cap some of pork and melted fat adhered. The Bride and I enjoyed that delicacy immensely. Next time I try it going to follow instructions, all of them

Back