THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm planning on running the Big Joetisserie on my Big Green Egg XL.....<P>
I thought I'd heard the big joetisserie works just fine on the BGE XL...?

Cayenne

Cayenne, it fits a 24" Kamado and it supposedly was also tested on the BGE XL. They've said they wanted it generic so it would fit as many as possible.

retfr8flyr said he got his fixed but I don't think he shared how that was accomplished :confused: Mine fit just fine and yes, BBQGuys is a good site to order from. YMMV

Yes I got mine to fit, no thanks to KJ. I don't want to say what I did to make it fit, due to any possible future warranty problems. I have used it several times now and I am very happy with the job it does, just not happy with KJ's customer service and lack of response.

Did anyone figure out if the variation is in the casting of the KJ or the Joetisserie? Seems to me it's likely the former and has changed somewhere along the way but it's hard to believe that an inch wouldn't have caused problems with other accessories before now.

It's not an inch, more like 1/8th of an inch is all that is the problem. I can easily see that variance in castings over the years.

I was reacting to one of the other posts where they indicated it fit with quite a bit of play - they had guessed an inch. Was trying to compare the extremes from the posts.

If it's just an 1/8 of an inch I'd agree, that much variation wouldn't have surprised me

Oh thanks for reminding me...I know someone that has both KJ and WCS but forgot to ask.

I'll let you know if nobody chimes in with the answer

When I picked up my WSCG, they had the Joetisserie, but not the Big Joe. They expect it in soon. I'll have to swing back by later...

Cool!!!

Cayenne, it fits a 24" Kamado and it supposedly was also tested on the BGE XL. They've said they wanted it generic so it would fit as many as possible.

Ok, thank you for the info!!

I think I'm gonna drop the hammer and order one, and see if I can get lucky enough to get one in by this weekend to play with!!

I'll be doing JazzFest some over this weekend, but want to cook the rest of the time!!

C

I got my Big Joe in the Spring of 2016 (from Costco) so it doesn't have the new hinge system. I ordered my Big Joetisserie from bbq guys and received it last week. Thought I would pass along to others curious about the fit that it fits fine on my Big Joe model.

So far, I've used it to cook a pork tenderloin and a whole chicken and both turned out great. A couple of observations -- the device is a little rough on your Big Joe gaskets, especially the back area on the lid. The gasket seems to have rubbed away a bit due to the movement when closing the lid. Also, it seems like the Joetisserie puts some additional pressure on the hinge, which you can feel when you close it. The weight of the lid is enough to hold it down for a decent seal but you can tell the hinge is being stressed.

I've read KJ had to increase the height of the Joetisserie in the rear to accommodate the new hinge system so if you have a new Big Joe, you will probably not notice the stress on the hinge (or the gasket issue either) that I have with mine.

Just picked mine up this afternoon. It's been raining all weekend so I just did a few quick measurements and a quick test fit. The outside edge of the Joetisserie that fits inside the cooker is 24 3/16". The inside dimensions of my Big Joe are 24 1/4 side to side & 24 1/2 front to back. Diagonally was just about 24 5/16. So it fit just fine, I can move it around and feel about a 1/16 of an inch movement. Looks like there is a bit of a gap in the front. Maybe when it finally stops raining, I'll be able to get out and take some pics and make some more measurements.

If anyone want any specific details, let me know.

35506962931_042af6abf8_o.jpg

Last edited:
I've had a Big Joetisserie on special order in Canada for 6-weeks now. We're still waiting impatiently. Someday we'll get them. Unless some idiot cancels NAFTA, then we're screwed.:razz:

Out of the blue I got a call today from BBQ Outfitters. The Big Joe Rotisserie I ordered finally came in. Well, I never ordered one, but had told them when they got them in stock to let me know. So, I drove out to take a look and see if it would fit on a WSCG. Nope. Well, with a little pressure, it might pop into place. Not sure what damage that would do to the WSCG. Definitely wasn't going to do it to their floor model, and I don't think I would want to do it to mine either. It was just slightly too wide side to side. <sigh>

Maybe Weber will come out with one...

Back