THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I use the microwave but I set the power to 50% and go about a minute per rib, just want warmed not recooked.

Well if it is just for me and not something I'm giving to friends/family my favorite way for ribs is to cut individual bones and toss them into a 400 oven and let each rib get crispy around the edges. For most other meats I do reheat in the bag in hot water, but I love getting ribs crispy :-D.

I wrap our leftover ribs in foil when we have them. The next day I fire up the gas grill on medium. Put the foiled ribs up on the warming rack when the grill hits 300-350. I leave them on for about 20-25 minutes. They taste pretty much like they just came off the smoker. Been doing it this way for years.

i eat cold ribs in the morning like i ate cold pizza in college!

to reheat, i do the foil wrap and oven at 250-300F method.

cold ribs are really good though!

Do not be so quick to dismiss the microwave. The key is to use a lower power setting.

Like morgan-que said above 50%. I usually wrap in wet paper towel and go 60% or 70%. It is great if you take leftovers to work and there is only a microwave available. I do this for any meat that I want to heat in the microwave when an oven is not an option.

I agree with all mentioned above but would like to add:

Once upon a time when I was a kid and used to work in a particular restaurant, we would pre-cook the ribs, cool them completely, and trim some of the hardened fat. Then when an order would come in, we would place a rack on a lined sheet tray, smother it in BBQ sauce, then place the tray into a 500 degree oven until the sauce bubbled and set (about 6-8 minutes). We sold out every night!

I throw a little moisture in the foil with the ribs, like some apple juice or butter, or brown sugar and honey, then throw in the oven til they smell amazing.

Back