Best temp to cook turkey breast on pellet grill.

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I have a Honeysuckle White bone-in turkey breast that I'm planning on cooking on the MAK tomorrow. I'm not planning on doing any brining or anything fancy. Just looking for suggestions on what temperature to run at. I've seen recipes that call for 225° or 250° or 350° plus.

What say the Brethren? Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I cook my birds at 350 on the pit boss. sometimes I'll start lower to promote even cooking. I'll also lower the temp later in the cook if it's finishing too fast, dropping down to 200 almost puts a large bird in a holding pattern.

Depending on rain and when I get mine on, I have a couple plans.

I’m either going somewhere between 325-350 for 3 breasts and will add wings n leg quarters about 45 minutes later.

Or, I seen to cook meat side down at 400 for 30 mins, then drop temp to 325 and flip to meat side up.

It’ll be a game time decision.

I think they’ll only take 2 - 2 1/2 hours? I hope not 3.

Let us know.

Thanks gentlemen! I think I'll try 325° unless I hear otherwise in the meantime.

I am also doing a turkey breast along with a 1/2 Berkshire ham. I plan on removing the skin and rolling at 275° start to finish. I'll be basting with butter or tallow throughout the cook. Lots of ways to skin this cat :)

2 1/2 hours for breasts?

I think I'll do the 400* for 30 minutes then flip and drop to 325.

Back