Being A Real Jerk On Sunday...Cook In Progress

That cook wore me out just lookin at the pron. Fantastic, G!

Jeepers. I counted. I posted 28 pics of the process. Probably took well over 100 images on the camera. :shocked: :mrgreen:

On edit, I downloaded 115 to the PC for this one cook...

That man was busy yesterday, I tell ya, I couldn't believe how many things he had going at the same time and all day. The food was awesome, as usual, but that sauce was amazing! And the kitchen isn't even that much of a disaster, shock!:thumb:

Wow man, I just sprinkled some jerk seasoning on my chicken. This is a worthy entry indeed. That sauce sounds ridiculous! :thumb:

The sauce was great. On the salty side, but that aspect (Kind of like the sea salt on dark chocolate) diminishes quickly as the other flavors start to develop and then the peppers kick in on the finish. I'm glad I have a quart because I'll be using it on some chicken soon. But, as I said above, I really enjoyed this cook. I'd been wanting to cook something really nice for Michele (Redhot) anyway as she deserved a special treat and something different. This TD was the perfect excuse. :thumb::thumb:

We tried eating the whole eight pounds last night, we really did. Or at least it felt that way. I was stuffed! :becky:

That man was busy yesterday, I tell ya, I couldn't believe how many things he had going at the same time and all day. The food was awesome, as usual, but that sauce was amazing! And the kitchen isn't even that much of a disaster, shock!:thumb:

Yep. Usually it looks like a train wreck after I cook...:roll:

that looks like a pretty nice meal there...if I made that, my kitchen be an absolute disaster afterwards :rolleyes:

I think I'm gonna have to give that sauce a whirl some time...

Deguerre, that was an Irie cook alright! I love the many steps and the photos of them, just love the thread. I was floored when I saw your first photo of the final pork chops in another thread and they are still just as devastating…. mostly because I don't have any for myself. That is one delicious dinner. About the scotch bonnet peppers, they are among the most common hot peppers used in Jamaica so there's no threat of DQ for them. Scotch bonnets were the first taste of hot pepper I had as a child and they remain my favourite hot pepper flavour.

Thanks Kathleen! The Scotch Bonnet sauce has a wonderful flavor and is an excellent ingredient for spicing something up a wee bit. I like it better than any habanero sauce I've had. I also got a bottle of Walker's Jamaican BBQ sauce that remains unopened since I decided to try my hand at my first ever long and slow simmer sauce. So that was three firsts for this cook. Never stuffed a chop and never made a jerk dish for the other two.

OH. An interesting thing about that sauce too. We had leftovers the next night, and the sauce didn't seem near as salty as it had Sunday. The flavors had blended and smoothed out some over an additional day it seems. Michele loves it (As do I), so we'll be making it again.

The funny thing is, Redhot had never had anything spicier than black pepper when we met. Really not even cayenne. I introduced her to Hot Hungarian Paprika on some hummus and the rest is history. Now SHE'S the pepper head. :shock: :becky: :thumb:

Carol's experience is the opposite, she used to love eating relatively hot food, she was addicted to Thai green curry for some time. Then she quit smoking tobacco in 2002. :tsk: That ended that! I'm encouraging her to build up her tolerance again and using the delicious taste of Thai green curry as an instigator. :laugh:

No additional salt in the broth that wasn't in the rub on the two intact neckbones. I think I had over sensitised myself somehow. Redhot made the same comment to me as she didn't see it as salty at all, and neither did I the second night. Obviously I did initially as I commented about it twice. Odd.

Back